if you were to win the lottery...

If I won the lottery I wouldn't tell anyone that didn't need to know and I wouldn't spend so much it was obvious.

I would never win the lottery as I hardly ever put it on... BUT... Just like everyone would, I would buy a house somewhere nice, maybe wales, or Scotland, not England though. Buy a house for my Mum and Dad. Buy a new car. Put some money away for Caitlyn. And have a HUGELY gorgeous dream wedding in DISNEY!

Me and OH have talked about this, we'd buy our parents nicer bigger houses, we'd move to canada, buy a nice big house and a car, save money for bubba/s futures and just enjoy the rest.

I'd pay off any outstanding debt, then be home to Maine asap, where I would buy the biggest farmhouse I could find with lots of land so that I can have my horses and dogs, plus the other farm animals I miss, like my goats! I'd outfit the house and barn with everything I've ever wanted, buy Kevin one of those huge pickup trucks he admires, and then just live in comfort and happiness with my family. I'd help out family members who needed it... the ones who deserve some of my winnings, anyway. On my father's side, they'd just pop out of the woodwork after disliking me my whole life, so I wouldn't give them anything... but I'd buy my mom a house, and if I'd won millions, I'd buy one for each of my two sisters and my elder brother as well, or pay off their mortgages... whichever they prefered, really! I'd make sure my nearest and dearest were always taken care of and had what they needed. I'd also fly my mom home to Maine whever she wanted so that she could spend more time with the family as well. Wouldn't spend millions on luxury mansions or whatever... I grew up on a farm in Maine, and I'd be very happy to spend the rest of my life on one... just with some conveniences, like that big ol' flat screen TV Kevin wants so bad!

I'd buy a massive 4 bedroom bungalow in Wales, with working fire places AND gas central heating, and lovely big hallways, and a big en-suite bedroom for myself and hubby, and a dining room, which is open-plan next to the kitchen, and a spa, and 3 reception rooms (one for hubby's trains) and a nice big garage and a shed, and a nice easy-to-maintain garden, with a heated swimming pool in it.

I'd take an intensive driving course and take my test, and buy a nice car for us.

I'd find a lovely nursery for Anna and go to university to do a degree in midwifery so that I could become a neonatal nurse.

I'd buy a passport for myself and Anna, and go on holiday with my family :D

I'd put 10,000 in Anna's child trust fund to build interest until she was 18, and put 100,000 in a similar no-touching account for us, in case of emergencies down the road - just to build some interest on and have something to fall back on :)

Ooooooh I want to win the lottery now! Would help if we ever played it :lol:

I'd spend it on fast cars, tasha's clothes, Anna's toys, my trains and the rest we'd squander....

oh my, thinking back to when i was about ten or eleven, i used to say to my grandmother, "if i won the lottery, i would give it all to the canadian government so they will stop complaining about money" haha yeah right lol

Id buy a gorgeous house,mini cooper convertable,my mum & dad a house. Id put loads in Lexie's bank account for her when she gets older. I'd give my mum some money. And the rest, Holidays, shopping, and whatever else?

I would pay off all my debts, then buy a lovely big house with maybe a little field so that i could have a little farm!!! always wanted a smallholding. then i would buy my mum a house and pay off all her debts and then i would go on a lush holiday with me kids.

I would get the stairs to our loft conversion legal then move then hell out of here to some place nice! I'd also give some cash to all my family members as we're all of us skint at the moment.

Get my mum set up for the rest of her life, nothing fancy but a nice rented cottage, a reliable car and open tickets to visit us in NZ when ever she wanted.

Ahhh NZ ... that's our dream, lottery or not, although the lottery would make it easier! We would buy a nice section of land (30-50 acres or there about's) Get the house we have drawn up built (wooden build, energy efficient home .. solar panels, AGA and big garden)
I would set up my yard, nice little livery/producing yard, big american barn, school and walker. I'd start to compete more and have some babies to bring on (as I'd have the money!) and generally have a nice time raising our kids in a rural environment, lots of space and many many animals. DF would have an Audi RS4 and I'd have 4x4 ... and a big shiny lorry :happydance:
*not that I've thought about it much at all :rofl:*

Without the lottery we will eventually get our NZ dream, but it will be taking a lot longer and be very gradual, the house will be smaller, less land and no fancy cars ... battered Skoda for us :rofl: ... certainly not 30 acres to start with and a set up and ready yard! And I'm not sure I'll ever be able to afford competing at a high level or bringing on babies for fun.

I wish I could make sure mum was sorted before we left, but I guess to do that I'll have to actually start doing the playing the lottery!

*god I read that back ... I really have thought about this FAR to much :rofl:*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->