If your LO STTN, is he/she also a good napper?

SleepDeprived

1 LO + another on the way
Reaction score
My LO is an excellent napper -- goes down easy after 1.5-2 hours of wakefulness -- but he wakes every 3 hours at night.

Just curious to see whether babies who STTN also nap well & frequently during the day.

When my LO did STTN he had 2 naps during the day at a set time etc. but he is still napping now but waking during the night although I think this is due to him teething

From 3 to 5 months she sttn. From 5 to almost 7 months she slept horrendously at night waking up to 8 times. She's now 7.5 months and for the last 2 or 3 of weeks she has been about 50/50 between sttn or one waking, apart from one bad night this week but she had a cold (fingers crossed it continues!)

She's always been terrible at daytime naps though - probably 4 out of 5 times she wakes if I try to lay her in her cot after falling asleep on me. If she does stay asleep its for 10-15 mins on average, love those days as I can grab a shower without having to wait till hubby gets home!

Mine is like yours OP, great napper & will take at least two 2-3 hour naps a day, but doesn't sttn. Usually wakes 1-2X a night. She's much younger though so all could change!

Emily just started sttn and she is a very good napper during the day. Has about 2 hours in the morning between 9 and 11 then nap from 1 to 4 in the afternoon then goes to bed by 8 and sleeps till 6. This is the first week of this though and will hopefully carry on!

Ours STTN but is a crazy napper. We do 3-5 30min naps/day. Sometimes she's up after 20 min. We don't let her go but 1.5-2 hrs between naps or she can be a bear.

my LO has 45mins to 2.5 hours in the morning (I dont know why it varies so much) and another nap of 45 mins to 1.5 hours at 1500. She sleeps 1930 until 6am or sometimes 9am! only really just started though, a month ago she was waking once at 5am every morning which i didnt count as STTN.

Last night she slept 14 hours and this morning had 2.5 hours sleep and another nap of 1.5 hours at 1500.

I think sleep breeds sleep

My LO can sleep all day, sometimes she is only awake for an hour or so, then will go to bed at 11pm and sleep until 7.30 am.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

My LO has always been an excellent sleeper. STTN since she was only a few days old. She naps for 30mins to 2.5 hours 3 times daily.

My LO STTN most nights but is a terrible napper during the day. She gets so tired and grumpy, so I have to rock her to sleep, then place her down gently. Then within half hour shes wide awake again. :shrug: I probably go through this routine every 1 - 2hrs during the day. Still at least she gives me a good nights sleep, so can't really complain :winkwink:

My LO was a terrible napper but has suddenly improved loads. Getting him down for his morning nap can be a bit touch and go but after lunch I reed him and he self settles, and sleeps for between 1.5 and 3 hours.
He has always been rubbish at night, he used to wake two or three times but lately it has been more like 5 or 6. He has never STTN. I am hoping his nightime sleep will improve soon :coffee:

My LO has sttn since she was 6 weeks old (9pm till 5.30am). She sleeps after the 5.30 feed for 3 hours and then has about four other half hour naps during the day. She loves her sleep!!

My LO has never been a great napper, but STTN most nights. Has STTN on and off since 9 weeks, but has done it consistently since about 5 months xx

Lyla is a terrible napper!! She sleeps from about 6pm and I wake her up at 7am (school run to be done!) she will have a snooze on the walk back from school, but Wakes up the second we get back thru the door. So about 20 mins. She tends to have another 20mins at about 3ish (again on school run. And that is normally it! By the time it's bed time she is exhausted and really ready for it. It's frustrating as you can see she gets tired, but she fights it!

Millicent from 4 weeks has slept 11-13 hours, straight through. And always napped well. Example being lastnight she slept 7-8 and today had one 2 and a half hour nap, later on a 2hr nap, I think this is due to a growth spurt but she naps for atleast 2 hours a day.
xxx

my dd sttn since 6weeks and sleeps 12-13hrs but has always been a terrible napper now at 7months she has 2-3 45min naps sometimes only does half hour, you can count on 1 hand how many times she has slept longer than 45mins!

Zoey sleeps 7-9 hours at night without waking up. And small 1 hour naps about 3 during the day in total but one 3 hour nap in the after noon. She loves her sleep but is very happy when awake too! :) Love my LO lol

Ours STTN but is a crazy napper. We do 3-5 30min naps/day. Sometimes she's up after 20 min. We don't let her go but 1.5-2 hrs between naps or she can be a bear.

This is exactly like my LO, STUN brilliantly most nights from 7:30 -7:30 but is a terrible napper and will only sleep for around 30-40mins a time and only on me or OH. We can't put him down or he wakes up. Usually 4 naps a day.

From 7wks to 15wks Lola sttn and her naps were every 1.5-2 hours for at least 1-2 hours at a time.then from 15wks she has 2 naps of about 30 mins and one of an hour and wakes once in the night xx

Harrison has slept thru the night from 6weeks old (2 corrected.)
I have never stopped him from napping - ever. Hes has always been a super sleepy baby and even now at nearly 18months he sleeps 12-14 hours at night plus upto a 3hour nap during the day. Sleep breeds sleep in our house x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->