If you're twins were born 37wks or so...

Discussion in 'Twins, Triplets & Multiples' started by HappiestMom, Oct 14, 2013.

1. HappiestMom

HappiestMom Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl

development wise are they more on track with their actual age or their adjusted age?

2. Nut_Shake

Nut_Shake Well-Known Member

Mine were born at 37 weeks and 5 days, they are 2 years 10 months old. They are still a bit small but development wise they have been on 'normal' track and I've been told by a pediatrician and their preschool teachers in the last few weeks that they are very advanced mentally for their age. I don't think actual or adjusted ages matter to be honest, I think it just comes down to the child.

3. amjon

amjon Guest

Mine have been ahead in pretty much everything. One held his head (and whole upper body) at birth. They both said at least one word by 12 weeks. They were born at 37 exactly by doctor's dates and 37 + 1 by mine.

4. lizziedripping

lizziedripping Well-Known Member

Hey Hun, babies born after 37wks don't generally differ in development than if they had been born at 40wks, so I would disregard those few weeks. Mine were born at 38+wks and one of my twins is the most advanced of any of my 4 children xx

5. WTBmyBFP

WTBmyBFP Mom to Triplet Girls!!

mine gals were born at 33 and 3. two of them are walking at 1 year, and one is not walking because she's stubborn lol

Dr's/NICU's have amazing resources and can do wonders for preemies.