Ignore or feed the hunger?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by scots_mum, Jan 31, 2011.

1. scots_mum

scots_mum Expecting no2

I am literally constantly starving, if i dont eat my stomach starts burning and groaning away even if i have just eaten shortly before. I have been giving into it the past week but im starting to get rather porky so today decided to reign it in and snack on fruit but within 10 mins im hungry again! anyone else like this? and do you go with it or try and ignore it if you have already eaten? my body wants carbs!

2. K4tiemay

K4tiemay Well-Known Member

I've been eating sweets and drinking orange juice to stave some of the hunger pains, or the sickness I feel when I'm not consuming. Mostly though I reckon feed it, I bought lots of nuts and dried fruit to bring into work so I can constantly munch and not look like a pig (before this I kept raiding the bicuit tin!)
    Hope you find a good solution :)

3. MrsGM

MrsGM Bamboozled Mum of 2

snacking away here!

4. Lilli

Lilli Well-Known Member

Hiya, i used to feel more sick if i ignored the hunger! I recommend snack a jacks or rice cakes... low fat but soak up the acid :) Or scottish oat biscuits but they're a bit plain, need to put some spread on them or something...

5. Weeplin

Weeplin Proud mummy :)

I always feed it, if i ignore it I end up ill.

6. rhi

rhi Well-Known Member

Way I see it is its what your body wants like cravings I think thats your bodies way of telling you what you need :)

7. bobbyrabbit

bobbyrabbit Mum to 1 gorgeous girl

I would def say feed it. I have been the same. Although my starvation is a bit more manageable over the last few days! Have had no ms though, just really hungry! I read in my pregnancy book that our metabolism is increased so we must need more food as it is being burnt off quicker!
    I can recommend porridge with banana for breakfast as a healthy way to get those carbs in and stay full!

8. Kittifer

Kittifer Well-Known Member

Feed it! But if possible, can you fill up on some protein to try and keep you fuller for longer? Protein and carbs rather than empty calories.

9. mummytobe86

mummytobe86 Well-Known Member

I so wish I was the same. Am the total opposite I can not stomach the smell of food am never hungry. I try eat a yogurt for breakfast tangerines for lunch and cuppa soup for dinner but at that its a real struggle I so miss my takeaways :-(