*ignore*

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by sueh81, Nov 17, 2011.

1. sueh81

sueh81 Mummy to 1 & 1 on the way

Hiya,
    I've just heard that all powdered and carton stocks of aptamil first baby milk have been withdrawn as glass has been found in the powder on numerous occasions - is this true????

Was just wondering, it doesn't really affect me as I use cow & gate but it's absolutely terrible if it's true!!!

2. cat lover

cat lover Mummy to 2 girls

Seriously???!!! I use SMA, but OMG if this is true! Hopefully someone will know and fill us in

3. chezziepie

chezziepie Mum to one :)

don't think so as I can't find anything on the news and i bought some yesterday

4. Frecks

Frecks Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that?x

5. Eala

Eala Mum of two gorgeous girls

Given the stink that was kicked up about botulism in Loyd Grossman jarred curry sauce, I would think that if this were true it would have been headline news by now. It's not, so I smell a hoax.

6. RebeccaG

RebeccaG Well-Known Member

Eeeek Sueh where did you hear that? I hope that's not true... A friend of mine using Aptamil!

7. BabyBoo36

BabyBoo36 Guest

I've just given a friend 2 big Aptamil powders and 8 cartons (Pud is on HiPP now) so hope it's not true!

8. Gbobs

Gbobs Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything and like someone else said, it's a pretty big thing if it was true and I'm sure it would have been all over the media and on here.

9. summer rain

summer rain Mum of 5

I think it would have been in the news, although some batches of aptamil have been withdrawn in the past due to various quality control issues-such recalls of just one or two batches, or the stock sent to particular stores are quite commonplace. There was quite a big recall of the Sainsbury's aptamil stock last year though its not totally clear as to why the entire stock was recalled xx

10. Mindy_mini

Mindy_mini Mum2b of 2 under 2

Don't believe it! Sorry but if that was true it woul be all over the news.

11. sueh81

i did think it would be over the news too!! My bezzie mate feeds her LO aptamil so I was worried about her!! Another friend of mine had posted it on facebook saying she had no idea what she was going to feed her son now it had been withdrawn from sale!! It must've been hear'say!!

12. sueh81

Panic over!!! There was just a problem with the stock in one of the stores in Cornwall and they withdrew all their stock, but the checkout girl thought it had been a nationwide recall!!