I'll bet you've never heard about THIS happening..

Charlotte Luv

Reaction score
Hi!!

I got off the pill (LoLoestrin~ pill with no periods) April 11. I went a whole month with nothing happening.. a month later - bloated, cramps.. took an OPK.. super positive. I took the ClearBlue kind that gives you your four days - two leading up to the solid smiley, then I had my huge solid smiley. DH and I BD'd every day around that time. Fast forward two weeks - period due.. BFN. No AF. Fast forward to now.. officially 25 DPO.. still BFNs. Went to the doctor earlier this week for a blood test ~ negative.

So I start reading other posts... some claim you can ovulate again without getting your period. Since I have OPKs left over.. what the hell.. let's take'em. So yesterday, a big 0. Then this morning - not only a flashing smiley that's telling me you'll ovulate soon - but a big fat solid smiley saying this thang is happening quick. Usually it'll give you the flashing smile before the solid.

Okay... now I'm REALLY CONFUSED! I am not temping by the way. But aren't these OPKs supposed to be pretty darn accurate?

PS for the past week my bb's killing me.. on and off cramping and lower back pain.

ANY thoughts I am forever grateful! I'm pulling out my hair over here!

:) Charlotte:nope:

When u come off the pill your cycles will likely be messed up for a while.
Those digital opks do work well and i trust them. But they tell u that u might ovulate and not that u definately will. Maybe the first time your body geared up to ovulate but didnt. U could be ovulating now. Get dtd just incase.
Xxx

Thank you BroodyPant.

Extra quick question: When I ovulated before (25 days ago), (or I think I did), I had major ovulation bleeding.. almost like it was a period. It lasted just over two days. I also had huge cramps where I had to take midol. Isn't that a pretty solid sign ovulation happened or can those huge symptoms happen and then no ovulation?

Sorry ive no experience of ovulation bleeding so cant really answer. It does sound a bit strange. But if u know u arent pregnant then id keep dtd xxx

is it possible that since your just off the pill...what you "thought" was ovulation bleeding was maybe a "mini period?"....like your body just trying to get back on track??? Not sure what else but you are just off the pill so give your body some time to figure itself out.....the pill FORCES a period...so now your body is on it's own....might need an adjustment period...

I would say that was your first period, not ovulation. Most women get a second LH surge before their periods and that could have been what the OPK was detecting. Ovulation bleeding is super light, if it even gets noticed at all.

Thank you girls so much. I hadn't heard that you can get an LH surge just before your period!! What's weird is I got the full on four days leading up to the surge that the OPK test predicts.. just like clockwork how it says on the box.. two days of the flashing smile, then boom - next morning that solid smile that stays on for 24 hours or however long. But still I guess it may have been my period! Very bizarre! Then now it suddenly saying another surge!?!? But this time no spotting or period so fingers crossed it is actually ovulation this time! Before when I was on the pill, by the way, I didn't get periods.. I was on LoLoestrin, and that was normal for that pill. So my body wasn't told when to do anything really :blush: My docs didn't seem to think it'd affect anything but I wonder if it has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->