I'm 33 been on the pill since I was 19. Need to be pregnant by March, latest April. W

amandalab

Reaction score
So I got married a year ago so it's time to make some babies. I need to be pregnant by March, but I'm okay with getting pregnant in April too. My baby needs to be born December 2016 or January 2016 latest because babies born during those months are most successful (that's what I read). So when should I go off the pill? My doctor said I should get off soon to give my body time to adjust but I'm worried if I get pregnant right away that means my baby will be born in the summer and I really don't want that.

What do you all recommend? Has anyone had experience with this? If I just get off the pill in January will that work better?

I hate to burst your bubble but quite often you don't just get pregnant when you plan to. It takes most couples up to a year to conceive, putting such a specific timeline to conceiving is surely just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I've never heard such tosh about babies in certain months being successful... I was born in March and I'm doing pretty darn well for myself! I'm pretty sure that the parenting and nurturing environment they are raised in has much more of an impact than the month they are born.....

Good luck planning for a certain time! I went off bc in Jan and was just worried about getting pregnant in March because I didn't want a Christmas baby. 10 cycles later, I'd be happy with a healthy baby anytime!

They say a lot of women get pregnant the first month off the pill, but others take months to start ovulating...so do what feels right, and good luck to you!

Hmm, thanks for replying.
The problem is I'm 33, I'm going to be 35 soon and I don't think I can have babies past 35 because it's dangerous so I feel like I don't have much options I only have 2 years to get pregnant and I want more than 1 baby. I wish I had gotten married sooner but my boyfriend took forever to propose to me.

I hate to burst your bubble but quite often you don't just get pregnant when you plan to. It takes most couples up to a year to conceive, putting such a specific timeline to conceiving is surely just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I've never heard such tosh about babies in certain months being successful... I was born in March and I'm doing pretty darn well for myself! I'm pretty sure that the parenting and nurturing environment they are raised in has much more of an impact than the month they are born.....

I saw my doctor this morning and she said I should get off the pill now, but I'm worried about getting pregnant next month cus like you said some women get pregnant right away. On the website for the birth control I was on they said after one month you can get pregnant.

Good luck planning for a certain time! I went off bc in Jan and was just worried about getting pregnant in March because I didn't want a Christmas baby. 10 cycles later, I'd be happy with a healthy baby anytime!

They say a lot of women get pregnant the first month off the pill, but others take months to start ovulating...so do what feels right, and good luck to you!

Dangerous over 35? Says who?

I'm not sure what country you are from but there are thousands of women who have healthy pregnancies late into their thirties. Plenty of them right here on B&B too. I think you've been the victim of some scaremongering I'm afraid, the statistics for conceiving within twelve months are minimally different for 30-35 and 35-40.

I'm agree with the other poster, after five months trying I don't care when my baby is due, I'd just like to be pregnant!

No offence, but you can't just get pregnant exactly when you plan to! Babies being born in certain months are more successful than others? Wow, that's the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard.

It takes some women on here months, even years to get their miracle babies, I'm pretty sure if they could just click their fingers and have one whenever they wanted, they would! (Me being one of those women).

It took me 4 months before I ovulated after coming off the pill, like most people have said unfortunately making babies isn't as easy as it sounds, but if you wish to wait till a certain month for whatever reason could you not use condoms in the meantime? Thats what I did as I didn't want to be pregnant till after our wedding. X

Oh, my auntie had her first baby at 40 and her second at 42.. One boy, one girl, both perfectly happy and healthy. She had great pregnancies with both. I wouldn't say 35 is risky tbh!

Of course there are increased medical risks associated with after 35, but as long as you keep yourself healthy, I wouldn't worry. I do understand your concern though because I'm hoping to get it all done by 34 too. I've been told by friends who had their babies in 20s, early 30s and mid-30s that there was such a difference in terms of tiredness and getting their fitness back - their babies were healthy and fine.
Why don't you get off bcp and use condoms for now until March? That'll give you some months to try things like temping which may help you estimate your ovulation come March for better chances. I would love to have a baby by Jan 17.. but it's more of a just fun thing in terms of horoscope because Jan would be my last chance for a Monkey baby :haha: Good luck to us!

Is this thread a wind up? Seriously? I've not posted on here for a while but this thread is just silly to the point I thought it was a troll!

Your fertility can be raised slightly immediately after coming off the pill so I heard.

We got lucky first cycle twice and first baby wasn't planned. Although it isn't often as easy as picking a month and it happening.

Also, with regards to babies being more successful in certain months-certainly don't buy that.

Your best bet is to not put pressure on yourself. I'm sure any month your baby is conceived, they will be the same.

Good luck!

I would wait until you're ready to TTC before you come off personally. I was just like you, on the pill since I was 18, and came off it at 32 when we were ready to TTC. I charted my temps and cervical mucus to get an idea of my cycles, but really tried to keep it relaxed and stress-free. I got pregnant the 2nd month. I think if you don't want to get pregnant sooner, stay on your BC. Coming off won't help regulate your cycles any easier assuming your have normal cycles to begin with. Like me, you probably don't know if you do because you've always been on the pill, but I would assume everything is fine, rather than the opposite unless you have a reason to believe you have any fertility issues. The pill clears out of your system within a few days, so there's no need to come off months in advance. That said, I'd really try to stay relaxed about it all and not put so much pressure on yourself. Being under pressure and stressed out can really affect your fertility. I think I got pregnant so easily because I kept it relaxed. So try to relax and enjoy the process and be happy if you get pregnant when you want to, but be okay with it not happening according to a schedule as well.

Ugh I'm not a troll, this is like serious stuff that I read on google.

Thanks for the serious replies. I'm pretty sure I won't have any issues getting pregnant so I"m going to wait to get off birth control until February 1st.

You could use condoms. And chart that way your body has time to regulate and you can start understanding your cycles so that by the time march rolls around you should know pretty well when to BD. Also just try not to expect you WILL have a baby in December or January. These things don't always go as planned. Good luck

What if you have a baby that is not in your preferred months?

Also,I would take what I read on google as a grain of salt because how can you know that's really true?

In my opinion this whole baby born in a certain month sounds pretty dumb to me.Just saying plus you can't plan that everything will happen when you want it to.

Well, I'm thinking you may be giving a little too much credence to certain statistics. But I'll bite.

When I wanted to get pregnant, I came off the pill (after being on it for 15 years) at the end of July. I fell pregnant end of November. My periods were pretty crazy for the first 2-3 months.

I was 35 at the time, and 37 when I got pregnant with my second. Both pregnancies (and children) were great. I think "dangerous" is a pretty extreme word to use about post-35 pregnancy. "Slightly elevated risk of issues" is probably a better term.

I was curious about the studies on birth month that you refer to in your first post, so I looked it up. There seems to be a statistically significant bias for certain months, which is interesting. But it's hardly something cast in stone. Your own intelligence, social bracket, the way you raise your kids, etc etc, will all have as much if not more influence on your child's chances for "success" (however you define that).

For interest's sake though, I was a summer baby, and always one of the youngest in my class (this is the factor that apparently makes the difference) and I've been very successful in life. President Obama, who was born in August, also seems to have done okay for himself. :haha: So I really wouldn't panic too much about birth month if I were you. Stress is a factor known to affect fertility negatively.

I understand your concerns about when you'd like your baby born...I felt the same and was lucky I got pregnant quickly and had a November baby...I was an august baby and always hated it, so it was a personal choice for me that I didn't want my child to potentially feel like I did. Wtt #2 I'm having to get used to the idea of a Feb/March even April baby not another Autumn baby!! I don't think anyone should tell you how you should feel about something, if it's important to you then that's fine! I will however say that even without reason to doubt your baby making chances, you just don't know until you're trying. It's a complete lottery! So get used to the idea of perhaps another birth month and you'll probably start feeling OK about it, I do now. At the end of the day a healthy happy baby and mummy is all you want! Wishing you luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->