I'm a man, be gentle!

Tigger13

Wife is pregnant:)
Reaction score
My wife and myself have been trying to conceive for about a month now and she is having excruciating pains in the lower stomach area. I have heard that it is very common to feel sharp pains during the early stages of pregnancy, but she can't stand up with out hurting.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this sort of pain?

Yup, with a lovely, big, fat, ovarian cyst.

She should go to the doctor. Good luck ttc!!:hugs:

Hi and welcome to BandB,
I hope your wife feels better soon, if pain is that bad you could call nhs direct especially if its on her right hand side just in case its appendicitus, when is she due on? x

Thank you for your replies. My wife is booked in to the docs tomorrow to see what is causing the pain.
If it is a cyst, what is the treatment? just so that we are prepared.

Im not so sure it is common to have pains that bad during early pregnancy. I would also suggest seeing a doctor because it could be one of the issues mentioned above...or it could be just painful pms.

Good luck at the docs at least you've managed to get a appointment, hope everything goes ok and good luck in your ttc journey x

I have never had a cyst (that I was aware of) but I have had several friends that have. Usually there is no treatment. They are allowed to resolve on their own (which they almost always do). But in the meantime, they are incredibly painful. So, docs will often prescribe pain meds.

I hope your wife feel better soon! And good luck TTC!!

Hi there im not sure what theese pains your wife is having but iv never heard of pregnancy symptoms to be as bad as you described.
Hope its nothing serious.

Well for me, they just gave me a bunch of pain medications even though my cyst was 7cm big (that's a HUGE cyst). Normally (in the states anyway) if it's over 5.5cm they'll give you the option of surgery, just in case it has the chance of bursting or flipping the ovary. Usually they'll just get reabsorbed into the body though and the pain goes away in 3 or 4 days.

Good luck, and baby dust!

My wife and myself have been trying to conceive for about a month now and she is having excruciating pains in the lower stomach area. I have heard that it is very common to feel sharp pains during the early stages of pregnancy, but she can't stand up with out hurting.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this sort of pain?

Hey Tigger13, :hi:
I have heard that stomach cramps can be an early pregnancy symptom, but i'm talking bout slight cramps - along the lines of period pains. Some women say that before they knew they were pregnant they could've sworn that they were getting their period. Excruciating pain though, that's a different story. Sounds more like a cyst or appendicitis like some earlier post suggested. I think it's a very wise decision to go to the doctor. I hope everything is ok. Best of luck trying to conceive. Keep us posted on how your wife gets on.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->