I'm Amazed, Overjoyed, and Scared! (Infant loss post)

Joeyzgirl

Reaction score
I sit here amazed and blessed and absolutely terrified. Last July we were blessed with our little boy, finally, after two beautiful girls. When he was born we found out he had pulmonary atresia with IVS, 19 days after his birth, he woke up in the middle of the night screaming, and never recovered. He died in my husband's arms from what they think was a fatal arythmea. It has only been 6 months, we were not in the least trying. We were not mentally, physically, emotionally ready for another baby, and we were honestly told not to by my OBGYN. Yesterday, sitting in the Dr's office, I was sure that my pg test was a false positive, or that I had a missed miscarriage. I haven't had any symptoms beyond occasional nausea which I have been having since November anyway. The U/S tech started her magic and we saw a tiny little baby growing in me once again. We watched the flicker of the heart and I burst into tears when she turned on the sound and we heard the heartbeat for the first time. My DH and I are both so scared but also touched and amazed at this gift. Any positive thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated!

Congratulations! I can't imagine all the emotions you are feeling right now. You will be in my prayers and thoughts! When are you due?

congratulations, hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months

Congratulations momma. Praying for your family. This little one is so lucky to have big brother looking after it.

Congratulations and every positive thought and prayer going your way! It's your little rainbow!
I wish you a happy & heathy 9 months and a perfect, beautiful and absolutely healthy baby in the end. xxx

Reading your post made me tear up joeyzgirl. Happy and healthy 9 months to you. I pray that you have a very healthy baby at the end of this pregnancy.

Congratulations! I can't imagine all the emotions you are feeling right now. You will be in my prayers and thoughts! When are you due?

I'm due October 7th but I'm sure they will schedule my C-section early.

Thanks everyone, trying to keep the faith, but this is terrifying. Hope everyone else is having great pregnancies.

Congratulations! I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious boy, I can only imagine how awful that is and how many different emotions you must be feeling finding out you are pregnant again. This little one sounds like a miracle, sent by his/her big brother :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->