I'm an Ingrate....

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Cheyanne, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Cheyanne

Cheyanne Well-Known Member

Long before Mother's Day, my husband asked me what I wanted. I said, "I'd really like a new digital camera." I found one in the sale paper and showed it to him. It had everything I wanted and it was even purple, my favorite color. What did I get for mother's day? I got a flower arrangement! Don't get me wrong, they were beautiful and PURPLE, but not what I asked for and probably cost the same price! I think he knew my feelings were hurt (his own fault) so a few days ago, he said he'd order one online. He asked me again for the exact description and I wrote it down for him. Today, the camera arrives and it's nothing like the one I wanted. It has less capacity, not as many features and it's BLUE! I said, "Oh no, they sent the wrong one." He says, "Nope, that's the one I ordered, I really liked it." Needless to say, the argument was underway. He's gone to work now, but before he left he called me an ingrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me I'm not wrong. PLEASE :witch:

2. paradysso

paradysso Well-Known Member

Hmmmm i always think its the thought that counts, especially when it comes to men buying gifts, there not shopping experts like us ladies. I think you should tell him you like it as he brought it for you!

You can always sell it on ebay in a month or so and buy the one u want haha

3. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

:hugs: Well at least he tried.....

If I want something I just buy it and then Thank my Husband.:headspin:

4. paradysso

paradysso Well-Known Member

i just steal dans bank card and buy it if i ever want any thing, but dan is very good at buying presents, he brought me 3 handbags this week!!! every womans dream.

5. Cheyanne

The thing is...he's a great shopper, better than me. I HATE shopping. I guess my point was this...why even bother to aske what I want if you're only going to buy what you want? It was a waste of my time and got my hopes up. Sometimes it's like talking to a brick wall. LOL

6. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

I feel your frustration........

7. Cheyanne

I just can't even explain how mad I am. Not even about the camera so much, but that he had the nerve to call an ingrate. Maybe I did overreact, but I think my hormones are raging. LOL My period is 20 days late and I feel like I could kill someone....maybe him if he continues with the name calling. LOL

8. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

:rofl: I know that feeling. Thought I was going to do that to my Hubby yesterday.

9. 2nd.Time.Daddy

2nd.Time.Daddy Well-Known Member

your just spoilt

10. Cheyanne

Come on Dan, I need a man's opinion on this matter. If your wife asked for a specific gift or item, would you do your best to get it or would you just buy something you liked?

11. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

I know that my husband would get what I asked for. And if he altered the request it would only be because it was better than the one I wanted.

12. Cheyanne

That is SOOOO funny that you just said the exact words he told me..."I thought this one was a better camera, so I didn't think you'd mind." LOL Am I in the freak'n twilight zone? LOL BTW I just posted in the OVER 18 section and now I can't believe what I said. It seemed like a good idea until after I posted it. LOL

13. 2nd.Time.Daddy

2nd.Time.Daddy Well-Known Member

i always get her what i know she wants otherwise i dont see the point