Im Confused..

KirstyW1990

Expecting My First :)
Reaction score
I went to go on and update my thread but it was closed?? Totally confused why..

Anyway I went to my appointment this morning after a sleepless night and they gave me a scan and checked the LOs heartrate, the baby was moving a bit more than yesterday but still not as much as I would like.

The babys heartrate was up more but only to 108 bpm so its still low..

The MW said if they aren't worrying then I shouldn't worry.. Im not too sure whether thats a good or a bad thing :wacko:

She said that because the baby is getting bigger and there isnt much room to move around then the baby wont move as much and the movement varies.. I didnt think it would be that less though, she said that the baby is growing fine and not to worry but ive to go back again next week so they can moniter me regularly :)

Anyway I know a lot of you wanted an update so I thought I would leave this, but does anyone know why my thread got closed? xx

They've let you back home after the HB is still only 108bpm???

they let you come home? and they dont wanna see u for a whole week? whens ur due date?

26th january, they said they would either do a weekly appointment from now on to make sure everything is ok n if i have any more concerns i can phone them but if things get better i wont need to go so often or if its worse they'll keep me in.. they said they'll just see how it goes from now on x

:shock: MY heartbeat has been sitting at about 100-101bpm recently!!! Wow!

I just found a website that says the heart rate can slow right down towards the end of pregnancy, but I'm sure it shouldn't be QUITE that low.

Honestly, I would ring up and ask for a daily check-up, if only for the next few days, to be reassured. Maybe at a different place for a second opinion... But that's me! It just sounds like they fobbed you off (with the 'if we're not worrying, you shouldn't be!' thing) did you feel like they answered all your questions and checked everything thoroughly?

xx

yeh they seemed to be pretty thorough because I complained yesterday when I went up xx

Apparently fetal HB can be around 110 towards the end of pregnancy...but I'd be pretty worried if I was you about only being seen in a weeks time. Maybe a community MW could pop to your house to check babies HB on a daily basis...worth asking I reckon!

Did they put you on monitors? x

they said if i felt worried at any time they would do anythin they could to see me before then :)

In that case I'd probably ring them everyday just so they checked!! :)

In that case I'd probably ring them everyday just so they checked!! :)

totally Off topic..... we are due practically the same day. ... how u feeling?

This week I actually feel better than I have done for a long time!!! I was signed off work at 28 weeks with high BP and signs of pre-eclampsia...I felt like shit lol. But this week I feel full of life and really well (apart from being fat and uncomfortable!)

How are you feeling?? Every twinge I get I wonder if this is it lol are you the same?....I'm just hoping it doesn't happen on xmas day xx

I cant understand why they have let u home, when fetal movement is so minimal and heart rate is so low.
I was admitted over nite in hospital 2 weeks ago, as they were concerned about baby, and its heartbeat was 138 and it was moving like a mad thing.

If i were u theres no way I would of left the hospital, espically with the HB being so low. Why are they leaving u a week??
I had the MW out with me to my house (on request of hospital) to check on LO`s movement and HB reg as they were concerned.

im feeling weirdly energetic the last few days.... although ive been getting alot of cramping yesterday and today. ive just started baking bread and cleaning out the airing cupboard at 23.45! lol.

i know what u mean about xmas day.... my dad rang last night and said he had a dream that my mother rang him at 5am xmas morning to say i'd had LO.... which is even weirder as up until monday i was booked to have a c-section on the 29th and i hadnt told him plans had changed.. (LO was breech and they were worried cuz of past issues) so he's got me stressing about xmas now!

ive been drinking the raspberry tea and taking EPO for the last week.... not noticed anything different tho! Are u trying any of the home remedies?

im feeling weirdly energetic the last few days.... although ive been getting alot of cramping yesterday and today. ive just started baking bread and cleaning out the airing cupboard at 23.45! lol.

i know what u mean about xmas day.... my dad rang last night and said he had a dream that my mother rang him at 5am xmas morning to say i'd had LO.... which is even weirder as up until monday i was booked to have a c-section on the 29th and i hadnt told him plans had changed.. (LO was breech and they were worried cuz of past issues) so he's got me stressing about xmas now!

ive been drinking the raspberry tea and taking EPO for the last week.... not noticed anything different tho! Are u trying any of the home remedies?

I did consider getting some RLT but then decided against it and thought I'd let nature take its course!! I have a feeling that when baby is coming I'll be like "Nooooo not yet, I'm not ready!" lol....so it can stay in there a little longer!! I am excited....just scared and its still not really sunk in that I'm having a baby!!

Mmmmmmm bread :thumbup:

well they did say if i had any concerns to let them know and told me there wasnt really anything to worry about but they are going to keep checking me for my own concern xx

How is it nothing to worry about when FHR is so low? Generally they would def keep u in to monitor baby closely. Im not being rude or anything but I just find it weird that they are being so lax considering ur stage in pregnancy.
They keep people in to monitor over things less concerning

this doesnt add up at all! either the medical "professionals" don't care and arnt being professional or this is just another "story". So hard to believe people these days escpecially when things just dont quite add up

I agree. I just find it all abit weird to be honest. I dont know of any hospital that would allow this, and to be frank, theres no way that I would be leaving the hospital if my Lo`s heartrate was soo low.

i appreciate where your coming from but no this is not just another "story".. i asked for advice from other mothers/mother-to-be about what they thought i should do yesterday because i was concerned and the hospital and MW didnt seem to be doing a lot about my concerns.

this is my first baby and i thought i could get advice from people who may have been through this before or may be going through it at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->