i'm getting a bit anxious...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by emalou90, Dec 9, 2009.

1. emalou90

emalou90 Well-Known Member

... how long did everyone's Maternity Allowance take to come through after you sent the second bit of form off?

(this only applys to people who are not getting SMP)

x

2. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

mine hasnt come through as I am still working but I was told they aim to process within one week of receipt so not delaying your first payment - is that true or have you been waiting eekkkkk

3. Babybumpdec

Babybumpdec one liitle girl and boy x

think it only takes a week or 2 to sort out , i havent put ,my claim in yet as only just getting my smp1 from work xx

4. emalou90

mines been a week exactly today so ive not been waiting long, but i've read on some other sites that it can take ages!
    so now i'm very worried as i left work when i got paid so my MA would cover christmas!

argh, i sent off the form a week before i wanted my payment to start, as that's what it told me to do.

i'll keep checking my online banking... x

5. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

eeekkk ohh can you keep me posted? hope it goes through quickly for you xxxxxxxxx

6. emalou90

yeah of course :)
    i'm sure it'll come through, i'm just worrying ;)
    xxx

7. 3 girlies

3 girlies Well-Known Member

i think they are usually pretty good. when i had Roxie it took over a month but thats because i filled in the wrong dates from my payslips & they let me know so i could give them permission to change it so i got alot more money. they backdated my money too.

8. emalou90

yeah i've heard they're good. of course because most of us stop work and have no income! they have to be quick about it xx

9. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

I rang up to check they had received my form and was told it was taking around 4 weeks before the claims were processed and approved.
    I got the approval letter in less than a week, but it took a while for my money to come through because they hadn't bothered to check that I wasn't claiming job seekers anymore, once I pointed this out to them the money (inc back payment) came through within the week.