I'm getting induced!

mamawanabe21

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I had my appointment with the consultant today. They did a scan, and baby is estimated at 6lb, on the 50th centile line and is looking perfect. Because of my SPD and irritable uterus, I asked if I could be induced. They checked over my records and read the reports from labour ward, and they decided that its in baby's best interest to come early. Unfortunately, Baby is still breech - so I have a scan at 36 weeks, to see if she's moved. If she hasn't, I'll be having a c-section the following week, but if she has, I can opt for induction.
I'm relieved I haven't got to go much longer in this much pain. But now I'm freaking out, wondering if we're ready haha!

That's great news. I'm so glad your Dr has you and babys best interest in mind. x

Thats fantastic news my gp just upd my pain killers to tramadol 2 tablets up to 4 times a day and paracetamol and the pain is still bad how did you manage to get them to agree im suffering bad think i need to come to your area lmao and at this rate i really would consider anything xx

Thats fantastic news my gp just upd my pain killers to tramadol 2 tablets up to 4 times a day and paracetamol and the pain is still bad how did you manage to get them to agree im suffering bad think i need to come to your area lmao and at this rate i really would consider anything xx

I’m under consultant care at the hospital in my area because I have a complicated medical history. They decided based on a successful previous early induction and because of the reports they had from the Physio, from midwife appointments and the on-call dr when I was admitted this week with the irritable uterus.
I’m in a lot of pain all of the time with my back, legs, pelvis and now my uterus and the contractions. They just decided it was in the best interest for us both to bring her early. I’ve never seen my GP for any of the problems though - always a consultant at the hospital.

I think because my experience with ds3 i decided from the very begining that unless i feel like im dying lol dramatic but true or my c/midwive tells me to go to triarge im staying far away from hospitals which is why there isnt a consultant involved as should be classed as high risk but lied which now getting to this point is now getting hard good luck ive never needed being induced tho i normally naturally have premature labours xx

It went really well. The good news is that she's turned around so I don't need a c-section. :)
My local hospital only do planned early inductions on a Monday, so I'm booked in for the 9th July (as there wasn't enough time to book for this Monday coming).
I can barely walk, and I'm in so much pain, but at least there is an end is sight!

I know this is off the OP's subject(my apologies OP) but I was wondering if your doctor is worried about withdrawl in baby from the tramadol? Do you have to wean off it before birth? I had to start taking it for SPD, osteoarthritis in my hip and nerve damage in my mid-back (from shingles, years ago). I'm terrified of any side effects for the baby but I'm in so much pain on a daily basis that I can't function, and tylenol is no help at all. I was taking flexeril(still am) and tylenol before the pain got really bad but now I'm on flexeril, tramadol and tylenol everyday. TIA

It went really well. The good news is that she's turned around so I don't need a c-section. :)
My local hospital only do planned early inductions on a Monday, so I'm booked in for the 9th July (as there wasn't enough time to book for this Monday coming).
I can barely walk, and I'm in so much pain, but at least there is an end is sight!

YAY! :yipee: I hope your induction goes smoothly!! :flower:

I'm glad you'll get to met your baby and get some relief soon! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for you!

I know this is off the OP's subject(my apologies OP) but I was wondering if your doctor is worried about withdrawl in baby from the tramadol? Do you have to wean off it before birth? I had to start taking it for SPD, osteoarthritis in my hip and nerve damage in my mid-back (from shingles, years ago). I'm terrified of any side effects for the baby but I'm in so much pain on a daily basis that I can't function, and tylenol is no help at all. I was taking flexeril(still am) and tylenol before the pain got really bad but now I'm on flexeril, tramadol and tylenol everyday. TIA

I know how you feel with worries about withdrawal in baby. I’m on the codiene and refused to take max dose because I was terrified it would cause issues. I spoke with a pead and my consultant and they both said withdrawal in baby is different to adults - they’ll just be more unsettled for a day or
Two etc.
They only prescribe the meds if the benefits of you taking them outweigh the cons and risks to baby, so if your dr has told
You to take them it’s because not taking them could potentially be worse for you and baby.

Saying that, I’m a hypocrite because I still don’t take the full dose. I’m currently stuck in bed in agony and won’t take more than 2 doses a day instead of the 4

Good luck for today xx

Thank you my lovely.
Unfortunately the labour ward is full so induction has been put back to tomorrow.
I’m so impatient. Feeling deflated. But I’ve waited 8months to meet her so what’s an extra 24 hours?

24 hours in pregnant is a month. :lol:

Haha! :haha:
Yes, I second this!
My DD is staying with a friend tonight, as we expected me to be in hospital, and I’ve been soooooo bored! Today has dragged. I’ll cry if I phone in the morning and the ward is still too full lol

That would be awful. So funny to think that hospitals and delivery centers must have times when nothing happens at all, and other days they're just crazy, babies being born at the same time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->