Im gonna blow

YoungMummy08

Prince,Princess & TTCing
Reaction score
As some of you know this is my second baby, i have a son who's 3 in 2 weeks, well today i decided as i had saved all my money this week i would take my son for a Mcdonalds.. while out he ran into footlocker & picked some trainners and a tracksuit i got them for him and have decided to put them away for his birthday, while at the till i saw the cutest white baby air force 1s and decided to buy them for my daughter :) got her a few dresses and little man some other bits and bobs while out.

On my way home i decided to pop over to my mums to see my sister and bring her a lil top i got her, soon as i walk in my mums going threw my bags she picks up the air forces and says 'your son had these why have you gotten her new ones?' to which i replyed ' because his where blue.. shes a girl' she then goes on to say you have a child you dont need to buy this baby anything, wearing those will be bad for her feet' :growlmad:

Wait so its ok for my son to have had NEW things but my daughter cant. i really dont get why she is so bitter towards my daugther everytime i spoil her my mum has something to say about it, she even got upset that OH got her a pink buggy.. she wanted me to use my OLD 3 YEAR OLD BLUE buggy :wacko: she is a girl why would i do that?

RANT OVER

sorry i just had to let that out on here before i ended up screaming at her :thumbup:

Oh hun :hugs: that's crap. Just ignore her comments, it's frankly none of her business where you spend your money and what you spend your money on. I don't blame you for going out and buying pink things, I would probably do the same, especially if I had the money to spend. :hugs:

Thanks hun, i would understand if it was here money but its not its mine & OH's we worked for it :)

While I don't think your daughter is going to care if you use blue with her (we have such a strange gender-based color dichotomy going...which I'll never understand given that babies of both genders seem to prefer RED over pastel pinks and blues...but anyway), it's your money.

She's probably just trying to look out for you and help but sometimes, parents don't know when to leave things alone. It's your money, you thought the stuff was cute, and you bought it. (My mom's the opposite way...I picked out a teething ring in pink 'cause I liked it better and she insisted I should get blue for a boy. If baby boy does not like the toy because it's pink, I'll just chew on it myself :) )

I guess...just try to accept that she cares about you. Explain to her, if you want, that you're offended (and why)...or just move on. I'm sorry it upset you though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->