I'm gonna go nuts with this nausea!

loopdido

Mum to 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm so happy to be pregnant and wouldn't change that for the world, but I am going out of my mind with very bad nausea! this kicked in at 6 weeks and I have been on holiday for the last week and have to go back to work WEdnesday, and am not looking forward to it feeling like this - esp when everyone in the office drinks tea - the smell of tea makes me want to puke!:dohh:

It's there all day and all night (not actually been sick) just a really strong feeling like I am. The thought of ALL food makes me feel ill and when I'm eating it's makes me gag as I chew and swallow. So saying eat often is really hard when the thought of it makes you feel yuk! I can only drink milk or water most of the time! I have been eating, as I know it's worse if I don't but it's like torture.....

I certainly don't remember my last pregnancy being like this - I had a few waves of nausea but not constant like this! aaaargh!:hissy:

anyone else like this - what do you do? Can't stand the thought of ginger tea either.......

Cant stand ginger anything. Have you thought about trying the "Seaband"? It has great write ups. I have one. Only wore it once so far when i felt icky and it seemed to work. I am sure that nausea will kick in for me at one point.

:hug:

Mine started at 6 weeks, i was same only i got to point i was being sick couldnt keep liquid down, couldnt get appt at the docs as i wanted the anti-sickness tablets.
i still have it off day but its no way as bad! i got those seabands, just waste of money for me, i still wear them but feel not done anything they keep moving out of place.

I may have to try them, but not wanting to tell work yet - they may wonder why I'm wearing them, lol. Maybe I'll get away with long sleeves covering them?

With Brooke i has horrible MS ... the best thing i found to keep it at bay was constantly eating popcorn .. either sweet or salted :lol:

I know it seems crap now but youve only got a few more weeks to put up with it and it should start easing off

My sickness kicked in around 5 wks all day and all night and have thrown up a few times. It's awful it feels like a food aversion - i have been away for the weekend something I booked as a surprise for my dh before i knew I was pregnant. I have dreaded meal times as I can't stand the smell of food, or to see food or watch people eating it.

I find that i have to eat every hour - just something like a piece of toast or banana, or dry cream cracker. If i feel hungry then the sickness gets really bad and i start to gag. If i have to think about what to eat my sickness gets worse, i can't even shop for food or see adverts for food!

I love being pregnant, but can't wait to feel full of energy and start to enjoy eating again. I feel like hibernating until 2nd trimester :rofl:

im very ill with the nausea and sickness..im wearing sea bands and helps somewhat, but evenin is worse...i throw up about 10 times, and cant keep anything down. IM LIVING OFF FRUIT Lollies £2 for 20 in tescos, and water ice. I have awful saliva , taste ect....just sort of hanging on for dear life at the moment.....

you sound just like me mrstapster! I did the Tesco shop yesterday and it was horrible - surrounded by food!

Ahava - you poor thing, I'm not as bad as you - not actually being sick (yet!) hope you feel better soon.

I've really bad sickness since week 5 and been hospitalised twice for IV fluids due to dehydration, I'm now 15+4 and it seems to be getting worse, been signed off work for 8 weeks now and I only leave house for doctor appointments as don't have energy to do anything else. I'm also on cyclizine anti sickness tablets 3 times a day. Hope it gets better for you soon, it really is a horrible thing.:hugs:

My sickness and nausea went at 9-10 weeks..

not long now huni lol xx

what saved me was lemon juice lol I would sip it all day!!!!!!!

I have it terribley, I've been sick 3 times in the past hour. Probably consumed no more than 600 calories each day last week and I've lost 5lbs. I'm actually getting scared to eat as I just feel sick right through and know its probably just going to come back.

Morning (all day) sickness is such a stupid thing - you need to be eating right for your developing bubs, but you can't with feeling so nauseous all the time!

I just went to Tesco's to get some sea bands - put them on and half hour later I cooked dinner - grilled sausages, corn cobs, new potatos, and sat and ate the lot no probs! wow.

I definately feel some relief from them - I'm not taking them off......just hope I can hide them under my sleeves at work.

Morning (all day) sickness is such a stupid thing - you need to be eating right for your developing bubs, but you can't with feeling so nauseous all the time!

I just went to Tesco's to get some sea bands - put them on and half hour later I cooked dinner - grilled sausages, corn cobs, new potatos, and sat and ate the lot no probs! wow.

I definately feel some relief from them - I'm not taking them off......just hope I can hide them under my sleeves at work.

Ditto Loopdido!

I just got my seabands from Boots this afternoon and the nausea has definately lessened. As I write this, I'm cooking sausages in the oven and the small hasn't made me gag yet. Only thing is that I have pressed them onto my points so hard I've left bruises aready! :rofl:

Good luck to you darling. Whatever helps, eh? MS is misery that robs you of the joy of early pregnancy, doesn't it?

:hug:

XXX

Yay for sea bands huh! i was quite skeptical about them working, but am impressed so far.

good luck to you ladies, guess I have it all to come as Im a newbie to first tri. :) today in fact although of course Im still in denial and will be testing just to make sure tomorro. lol. got adr's appt booked for this weds too. hope ur sickness eases off and I shall remember the seabands for later on. :) hope to see u around first tri soon xx

I am a HUGE advocate of Seabands. I got mine a few weeks back recommended by a member here and havent looked back since. Dont get me wrong, I still sometimes feel sick but not the extent I was before. I'm able to eat when I'm hungry and that along with the Seabands keeps the nausea at bay :)

Seabands...gotta love 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->