im guna be huge. i cant even force myself to eat healthy!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by sophie22, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sophie22

sophie22 Well-Known Member

this is getting ridiculous, all i want to eat is junk food, give me fries, give me chicken dippers! but put a plate of relatively healthy pasta or some rice dish and i cant even force myself! put a packet of crisps in front of me and sure. but a plate of proper food and no way. what on earth is wrong with me. i cant keep eating all this processed rubbish! is anyone else eating badly??

2. tina3747

tina3747 Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!

When I start eating crap I think of all the bad stuff in the food and imagine my baby having to digest it too!! Sounds stupid but kind of works for me.. I'm 24 weeks and put on a stone so far. My last pregnancy I put on 40+ lbs so not going down that route again.. Wasn't as easy as I thought shifting the weight after!

3. LittlePeople

LittlePeople Pregnant :)

I'm exactly the same...If baby wants it, let her have it! That's my opinion anyway :haha: :flower:

4. tabitha561

tabitha561 Gary,CAYLEE,Zoey,Beetle

I pretty much eat what ever I want. I also eat healthy too though. I think its just a balancing act of eating junk and healthy.

5. awefulfeeling

awefulfeeling Well-Known Member

Before I was pregnant I wouldn't be able to say a word, I'm a health freak!! lol I eat heathy day in day out.

BUT I started eatting junk food about 4-5 weeks ago and have been hooked! Which is not me, I ate mcdonalds for the first time in 12 years! Then I was reading my book and read that baby peanut will start to taste the food I eat! no way hose... I also read what eatting unhealthy could do to my peanut and I had to stop. First thing I did was throw away all the junk food in the house ( my poor husband is depressed now ) then I made myself a Sweet salad.. not all dry and green and I made myself an awesome dressing... the salad was super healthy but still very sweet.. I've been able to slowly jump off the junk food kick. I know it is much easier for me because I've always eatten healthy but you'll have to start thinking about the little baby in your belly and what will happen when they are born and they don't want to eat anything healthy becasue they've been tasting that junk food you've been eatting. Not to mention the other health issues for you and your baby =)
    Try making your own meals get creative with it.

Tonight I'll be chopping one large sweet onion, one head of cabbage and a link of kielbasa. cook the onions and cabbage until translucent than add the kielbasa cook for 15 min then stick in the oven until golden, add white pepper, salt and kaboom a healthy sweet meal =)
    I must ad mit I caved today and had chik fila lol

6. stillinshock

stillinshock Well-Known Member

im exactly the same, ive always tryed to watch what i eat in the past i never used to eat bread or choclate its a diff story now im having crisps and choclate amoung other stuff everyday! typing as im munching a chunky kit kat nom nom:)

7. sophie22

sophie22 Well-Known Member

its so weird, before pregnancy i loved chocolate, and always said if i had to give something up it would be crisps as i wouldnt even miss them, now i cant be bothered with chocolate (except malteeser bunnies!!)

OH had the idea of eating things like sandwhiches, possibly even keeping the white bread but filling it with things like chicken, lettuce and cucumber, that sort of thing. i still love fruit and if we have nice stuff in then i will eat that loads. its not really the amount im eating, because im not over eating, in fact im probably eating less, its just when i do its not usually very good for me.
    ive just been paid so atleast i can get some nice fresh food tomorrow, think im going to buy things like jacket potatoes, fruit, salad (but i dont really like salad so it will be more basics, lettuce, carrot, cucumber!)
    i like sunday dinners at the moment so there is loads of veg there, had broccoli, carrot, swede and potatoes yesterday so im not all bad, its just all the stuff i used to eat everyday for tea, like chilli, pasta bolognaise, curry, i cant stand anymore!
    the only healthy thing ive had today is some tuna!

8. Starry Night

Starry Night 4 angels, 2 rainbows

I think I eat about half and half when it comes to junk food vs healthy. The hard part is I'm on bed rest and dh can't cook so we eat alot of microwavable foods or stuff from a can. We do buy instant stir-frys so we can have more veggie-based meals but they're expensive so once a week is all we can do. I've had some people help out with homemade meals and that helps.

But sometimes a craving is a craving. This afternoon I ate half a carton of strawberries. Healthy stuff. But my stomach was still rumbling and all I could think of was food. So I had a bowl of beef stew. OK, it's not exactly "junk" but it hardly qualifies as an afternoon snack. I do leave a healthy allowance for cookies and cakes as well! LOL

9. tessica123

tessica123 Well-Known Member

I eat what i want and just reading this has made me want to go downstairs and get chocolate lol

10. miss cakes

miss cakes Well-Known Member

i just eat what i fancy eating which is usually sandwiches and cakes i eat what my body tells me to! lol ive gone right off chicken though i was in kfc the other day getting excited about scoffing my face but when i bit into it i looked at it and just kept thinking it was flesh! urgh put me right off lol in fact most meat i pretty much have been turning my nose up at maybe my baby wants to be a veggie either that or the cookie monster if what im eatings anything to go by! x