I'm Horrible...Cut His Finger!

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
I was clipping Austin's fingernails cause they were getting really long, he was asleep so I figured it was a good time. He jerked right as I was cutting and I got the tip of his finger. It didn't come OFF, but it cut it pretty good in a crescent shape. It was bleeding so I put pressure on it and got it to stop and he calmed down after a few mins of crying (took ME longer to stop crying than him!). I put neosporin and a band aid on it, even though it's on the tip of his finger, just wrapped the band air 'round it. Was just looking at it and it's purple-y under the skin and looks really painful even though he seems just fine. Should I take him to the ER or doc?

PS..yea, I know I'm an EMT, but...this is MY baby! It's different! :dohh:

I don't think I have spoken to anyone who hasn't done this. I did it to Dylan and he didn't cry so I didn't notice until there was blood :(
Just put antiseptic on it and it was fine. Keep an eye on it, if it looks infected then take him to the docs but everything should be fine xxx

Everyone mum i know has done this hun, its so easy to do it thier fingers and nails are soo tiny.

Dont worry about it too much!

i wont use scissors in fear of doing exactly this. I am using a nail file.

Thanks everyone. I still feel awful! It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all now, but it looks horrid, all purple under the skin that's left! Poor little buddy! I'm going to use a file from now on!

Big :hugs: I think most of us have done it at some point, I know I have :( xx

I did this, too.
It was so traumatic! I figured I had lopped the top of his finger off.
I hadn't and he was totally fine.
It took me months to get over it, though.
I still hate clipping his nails.

I know! I am SO terrified to touch him, I've made DH take care of him the rest of the day! :doh: The finger nails on his other hand are wicked long...totally NOT cutting them!

I've done this too! He was sleeping, so no crying, I just felt really really bad :(

iv done it too, when he was VERY little i felt awful nad the hv was coming that day so was errifed she would see it! i have also done it too the little boy i used to look after about 10 mins before his mum and dad got home and i had to explain why he was bawling his eyes out and his finger was bleeding!!! that was fun, i was nearly in tears when they walked in the door

Was this with baby scissors girls? - I'm gonna have to do this for alex soon but i am petrified -

I've hurt myself doing my own nails that I use a electric nail file!!!

Was this with baby scissors girls? - I'm gonna have to do this for alex soon but i am petrified -

I've hurt myself doing my own nails that I use a electric nail file!!!

It was with baby nail clippers for me. :(
I found that a nail file really didn't help me as Simon's nails were so soft. and of course he'd scratch his face terribly if I let them grow too long. It was awful but I just had to get over it and get it done.

Been there done that :(

I think it's a good thing that they don't remember it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->