Im ill help what can i take.

chichestermum

mummy of 2 :)
Reaction score
:( im sooo ill, i have a really bad cold/chest or i have flu, im not sure which.
iv had it for 2 and a half weeks now, i thought it would get better on its own like i usually do, but its just not budging!

So what can i take to help me get well again?
im breastfeeding and we bed share too, i know your not supposed to bed share if your taking medication, does this include cold and flu meds?
Can anyone reccomend a cold and flu tablet that works best while still being safe to breastfeed.
For some reason i dont think im allowed to use things like olbas oil or vicks rub, i dont know why i believe this, can i? I think im worried the smell will be too strong for my LOs nose when she is always so close to me.

Iv already tried taking paracetomal, ibuprofen, honey and lemon in hot water and hot lemonade (something my mum used to always give me! lol!)

Thanks for any help :) :flower:

Check out this site for information about medications and BF - they have a section for cough and cold remedies - https://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/drugs-in-breastmilk-information-and-factsheets.html

You can use medications while co-sleeping as long as they don't make you extra sleepy.

thankyou! il go check out that site now.
Ooo good to know i can still bed share tonight then, i was dreading my sleepless night of trying to get her into the moses basket and then my miserable early hours of missing her like mad and not being able to sleep! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->