im just devastated!

hopeful2012

Reaction score
We found out last night that we are having our second girl. I had my heart set in a boy, DH is fine with either. I love my girl but I really wanted a boy. I'm just devastated, I've cried half the day today. We were supposed to go shopping yesterday, but I just don't want too. I was fighting depression before getting pregnant (this one wasn't planned), and had to stop taking my meds, now I just feel the depression slipping back in. I keep thinking that I don't even want to continue this pregnancy, but I can't do that. I can't pick out names or anything. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

It will get easier I promise once that baby is in your arms you'll be completely in love
Is this your last baby?

Probably. I dont plan to have anymore. I didnt really plan this one, we conceived while we were on a 5 year anniversary trip to the mountains. If we were able to do IVF with gender selection i might would, but my husband would never go for that. I did a little shopping and im slightly better, maybe by this weekend ill be better. We're having a gender reveal then.

I know how you feel I have 3 girls and praying number 4 is a boy, not had our scan yet so at the moment theres still hope but actually hearing the potential words ''its a girl'' are resounding in my head which makes me really anxious about the scan. I was disappointed like you too but within a few weeks maybe even a month or so your feelings should pass. if your still struggling then, then I would have a chat with midwife. as someone who had to also stop taking my anti-d pills knows how quickly mental health can deteriorate. Hope things feel easier for you very soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->