"I'm just stitching up your episiotomy"...

SmartieMeUp

Mum of 2 girls.
Reaction score
More like performing labiaplasty! I was being stitched for a good 20-25 minutes and "had a few extra added" towards the end.

I'm 18 days PP and I thought I'd check out my vagina for the first time in the mirror since birth (never felt so scared) and how my cut/stitches we're doing. I was amazed. My entire vagina didn't look like it belonged to me. It looks 100× better than pre-pregnancy. I love it. I can see my cut/scar which seems to have healed nicely but has a little ridge like the seam of clothing but it's on the inside of my vagina hole and not on the perineum like I expected - unless it's barely noticeable.

I can vouch for the ones who aren't believed when they say child birth doesn't ruin your lady parts!

I'm not particularly expecting any replies, just wanted to get it out as I was over the moon with the results and OH didn't seem interested :dohh:

I am glad it worked out for you :) I am terrified of the idea of tearing or an episiotomy, and caring for stitches afterward.

I was a little upset when they cut me as I didn't get a warning or anything. I felt it happen but it didn't hurt at all, it had the same sensation of the vibration when you cut a piece of stretched fabric. As soon as she did it I shouted out in theatre "HAVE YOU JUST CUT ME?!" then cried a little more lol.

The aftercare is pretty straight forward, just standard personal hygiene but with no soap :) First poo (5 days after) wasn't as scary as I thought it would be either.

I'm glad you posted this, not many ppl post the positive stuff on here. My vagina did not look the same after my first baby lol and it was a source of major anxiety and depression for me. I had some labial grazing but was told I didnt tear so I expected the recovery and the outcome to look a little better than it did, but I got over it. I'm pregnant with my 2nd and just had my first exam and pap smear since having my first (by the the dr. who delivered her) I told him my concerns and he said what I was seeing was a hymenal remnent and it was totally normal. I'm guessing it broke a little uneven having her and left me with what they call a hymenal tag, which could also be why I was so sore. I'm worried about having the 2nd one, not so much the pain because I had my first un-medicated and know what to expect, but the possibility of permanent damage to my va-jay. I'm going to discuss my concerns with my dr as D-day gets closer.

You're lucky & hopefully in the majority. I'm glad you're healing well x

More like performing labiaplasty! I was being stitched for a good 20-25 minutes and "had a few extra added" towards the end.

I'm 18 days PP and I thought I'd check out my vagina for the first time in the mirror since birth (never felt so scared) and how my cut/stitches we're doing. I was amazed. My entire vagina didn't look like it belonged to me. It looks 100× better than pre-pregnancy. I love it. I can see my cut/scar which seems to have healed nicely but has a little ridge like the seam of clothing but it's on the inside of my vagina hole and not on the perineum like I expected - unless it's barely noticeable.

I can vouch for the ones who aren't believed when they say child birth doesn't ruin your lady parts!

I'm not particularly expecting any replies, just wanted to get it out as I was over the moon with the results and OH didn't seem interested :dohh:

I had an episiotomy and I 'm 33 days PP and I've not dared to look at my bits in the mirror yet! I'm scared at what I'll see :haha:

I had an episiotomy and I 'm 33 days PP and I've not dared to look at my bits in the mirror yet! I'm scared at what I'll see :haha:

Haha go for it! I even torn 1 or 2 stitches 3 days post from constipation (super scared of going to the toilet in case it hurt). But everthing healed nicely within 2 weeks.

I had a fourth degree tear on DS and I'd stiches right across my butt cheek you can see the scar when I wear a bikini.

This baby well, I got stitches but they were so straight forward and are healing well and I feel well I spray antiseptic on them and my poops are fine. Stitches done right are fine. Genuinely fine.

I'm delighted your healing well. Good healing is a great start up.

Lol I didnt need stitches as I only had a couple of minor grazes but my lady bits looked awesome after birth too (once the swelling was gone of course) I couldn't believe it haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->