Im looking for some advise from parents of autistic children please x

emmadaisy

Mum to Charlie and Lewis
Reaction score
My oh has a son from a previous marriage who has been diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome and I wanted to ask about the chances of our son having it also?
our son is 10 months old and is doing everything he "should" be hes cruising, crawling, pointing, slapping, saying few words, eating solids,he gives eye contact and will respond if you say his name, he lets you cuddle him in fact loves to be cuddled, but he also has slept awful since being 6 months old, he slept through from 8 weeks till 6 months and now wakes on average 2 or 3 times a night and last night was awake for 2 hours.
I dint know if it is me looking for things I'm a nursery nurse to so have a little experience of AS, but this week he has started swaying when he hears music and I'm thinking aww its cute hes dancing but now I'm torturing myself thinking its something else, he also does a funny thing with his hands when excited kinda like when first learning to wave (opening and closing fist?) and Ive noticed today he flaps his arms whn excited but not all the time, he has favourite tv programmes (i dont let him watch all day just if im doing housework ect)

I dont know to be honest hun, only time will tell. My son hit all milestones early, I had NO idea he had autism until he was a toddler. I think you should take each day as it comes, maybe make a diary but do not focus on it for now x

we couldnt really tell untll he was reaching 2, and he started to regress. For the moment the things you are describing sound like normal baby behaviour. I wouldnt worry yet. :D

I agree with others that you shouldnt be worried yet. Your sons' behaviours sound 'age appropriate', lots of children at that age make 'flappy' gestures with their hands but grow out of it. Are you worried that its been passed on because your other son has aspergers? I have 6 children and only one has Autsim (severely) and accompanying learning difficulties, hope this reassures you a bit :hugs:. xx

Sounds like totally normal kid behaviour hun. :) Try not to worry too much! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->