Im Married!! :-)

africaqueen

Reaction score
Well i am now a Mrs and have never felt happier!:happydance:

We got married yesterday after a few days of what could go wrong going wrong! lol. We went to collect the cake and it had been given to the wrong person... they managed to get it back an sent it by taxi later that nite thank god! , then my bridesmaid got swine flu and my matron of honour got blood poisioning from a bite... the church pews had been redone leaving a VERY narrow aisle... the venue would not allow me in to decorate function room intill after 8pm the nite before and we were there till midnight... the morning of the wedding we discovered the cake had collapsed during the nite due to the heating coming on... so we ended up with 2 layers instead of 3... my dress dropped and had 2 b pinned up... ha. U name it, it happened! but the sun shone and the service was beautiful and to be pronouced as husband and wife was the most amazing feeling in the world:winkwink: My maid of honour managed to make it just in time and my bridesmaid recovered. My dad gave me away and we had a fab informal reception with a mix of african and english food and plenty of music and dancing. Everyone had a fab time and it really was the best day of our lives. My Husband's speech had us all in tears as it was so beautifully worded and we were so shattered by 10pm we left for our hotel and had a early nite... sleeping! lol. We made the most of the bridal suite this morning tho with brekky in bed and a lounge in the jacuzzi drinking champers:happydance:

Just goes to show that even if everything starts going wrong it can come right in the end ;-) xxx

ohhh hun sorry things didnt go rite to start off but sounds like it turned at to be the best day congrats hun xxx

Congratulations! I'm glad you still had a lovely wedding hun, even if things didn't go 100% to plan xx

Congratulations hun. I think we spend so long preparing and worrying but when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter what goes wrong on the day as long as you're married xx

huge congratulations hon, sounds like a wonderful day, and these things didn't matter :happydance:

Wow...:lol: But it sounds amazing in the end!!

I got married 2 weeks ago and I know what you mean about things going wrong.

First of all we had a minister all lined up and he canceled 10 days before the ceremony, we spoke to another minster and he also canceled a few days before. Finally 3 days bfore the wedding we found a minster.

My hubby and I had a small cake for us and cupcakes for the guests. The cupcakes ended up not being what we ordered but it was the day before the wedding when we picked them up so we just went with it.

My maid of honor almost canceled a day before because she said that she was worried people would think she was fat and not pregnant.

I must have lost some weight and wasn't aware of it because my wedding dress didn't fit the day of the wedding so I had safety pins placed strategically all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->