I'm moving in :D

L

LilMiss_91

Hello everyone!
Can't believe I'm over here with you lovely ladies already! The original plan was to wait until May/June but we should be in our new place by June so thought we would start now. We're being fairly relaxed about the whole thing, I will be doing OPKs but that's about it.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Hello! How exciting, a new home and ntnp! Wishing you lots of luck and happiness

Hi Lilmiss.

We just started ntnp this month. DS2 is 6 months now and it took 18month to concieve him so I am trying my very very best to be relaxed this time but its really hard, I knew my body down to a fine tee for 18months so to try and ignore or "not know!" is actually really hard. I know it would take me seconds to figure out my Ov dates but I have to force myself to stop thinking mid count!

My sil just found out she is preg at the weekend so now I want it even more but still really really trying not to!!

So I think ov is sometime this week could have happened already or not yet don't know. All I pray is that it just works this time and we don't have to go through the same as last time.

I've wanted this since the day DS2 was born but DH finally got on board this month after enough nagging!!

Do you have any babies already??

Hi banana :) sorry to hear it took so long to conceive your first, fingers crossed it won't take that long this time around!
I have 1 son who's 19m old. We really want to have our children fairly close in age so they can grow up together iykwim? So hopefully it will happen quickly for us like it did the first time.

Sorry banana, thought I'd finished my post but obviously I hadn't!

It must be hard to pretend to not know what your body is doing after learning everything in such detail for so long! I can't imagine have to "forget" something like that.

Everyone seems to be having babies or getting pregnant right now! It's driving a little bit loopy. I'm sure I'll turn green any day now :haha:

Hey

We have a DS1 also he's nearly 8 and concieved him no problem infact I was on the bloody pill when i got preg with him but antibiotics fecked me up.

Doesn' t look like I'll be in the running this month despite "not knowing" I'm pretty sure we missed it this month DH is sick and tired with a chestinfection and I woke up with a headcold this morning. All my instinct is telling me last night was the night.

So frustrating pretening not to care - since I found out about my sil last week I am rearing to go - would be so lovely to be preg together! I was trying over a year when she got preg last time and it killed me inside wanted it even more ended up getting bfp 3 weeks before she gave birth. Would be lovely to do it together this time. Jes we'll never get out for a drink together otherwise!!!

So your on CD5 any game plan???

Are ye building or buying or renting a new place in June?

It's funny how it can be so difficult. There are people who try for years with no success, trying every trick in the book... then there are people who were using condoms and BCP/coil/etc and they fell pregnant by accident! It's mad. It's seems to make absolutely no sense at all. Then you get so much mixed info from people, they all say "well you can fall pregnant at any point in your cycle" but then others make it sound like if you don't have sex at this precise time on this precise date then you have no hope at all of falling pregnant EVER. What's up with that?!

Ugh rant over :haha:

Me and my SIL were pregnant together when I had my son, and in some ways it was nice because you could compare things. But she had a much easier pregnancy than me so that was kind of hard. Also I think she was a bit resentful as I announced our pregnancy only a few weeks later than them and they'd actually been trying for a year or so before they got a viable pregnancy.

So... might sound like a silly question but if you can't pretend to "not know" then what do you do if you know you're O'ing? Do you BD whether you actually feel like it or not or only if you actually really want to? We're meant yo be NTNP but I've got OPKs so if I get a + on one of those then I'll probably jump OH even if I don't feel like it! I just like feeling I have some kind of control iykwim.

I'm thinking of maybe trying out SMEP for a few months and seeing if that works for us. Only found out about it yesterday but it sounds pretty foolproof so long as everything is ok fertility-wise!

Will you be treating this as a 2WW or not if you think you missed O yesterday?

We'll be moving into OHs mums house. She's moving in with her partner so we'll rent from her. It's a 3 bed, not huge but in a good location very close to a great nursery for DS, close to shops and buses etc as I can't drive so it should be good. We've just got to re-decorate and wait for his mum to move out really :)
What's your living arrangement right now?

Welcome! How exciting!

It's true what you two are talking about, that it's hard to try to be relaxed about conceiving and just go with the flow when you know where you're at in your cycle and know when you're likely ovulating and not ovulating. It's knowledge that can't be unknown lol

When I started TTC my son, I was going with the flow NTNP style, but once I started using OPKs a couple months in, I felt like I was officially and fully TTC since I used the knowledge of ovulation to have sex during the right times contrary to before when I only had a vague idea and my body was just starting to adjust to being off birth control.

Hi Candice :wave:

It is so hard! I want to be all zen and "if it happens it happens and if not then there's always next month" but seriously :nope: nup not happening :haha:

O should be getting close so i'll have to make sure I OPK regularly from now on. I do 't want to have spent out for OPKs and then not use them. As I have them then I may as well make use of them!

Are you TTC or NTNP this time around Candice?

I kind of wander around from board to board to read posts and comment, but I "belong" in WTT :p
I'm actually the one needing to wait a while - I don't feel ready yet and I'm not even 100% sure if a 3rd is thin our future so I'm taking my time to figure it out and going with the flow of my feelings, letting the decision come to me lol

Haha I'm the same. I like flitting about round the forums. I don't really feel lile I fit in anywhere atm. I didn't really get to know many ladies over in WTT before I moved over here so I didn't move with people iykwim?

That's fair enough hun. You shouldn't rush into these things of you don't feel ready. I didn't feel "ready" up until a couple of months ago. Me and OH had a few issues down to poor communication but since we got a few things out in the open a month or two ago things have been much better and I think we appreciated each other a lot more :)
Is there anything in particular that you don't feel ready for?
I hope your decision comes to you soon, whatever it may be. And I hope you can find peace of mind in it :) :flower:

I feel like 2 kids is a pretty good balance right now and that a 3rd could upset the family dynamic. It also makes a bunch of things officially more difficult... Having a regular car, needing a 4-bedroom house within the next 10 years or so - the kids will want more independance at some point and they might not want to share rooms. One of the kids feeling left out, whether in the baby stage, or if we as parents happen to have more in common with two of the kids, or if two of the kids have a closer relationship together than with the other one. Travelling would be harder too. Last time we went overseas we worked as a team, mostly each taking care of one kid at a time but with a 3rd, we'd be playing "zone"! And my kids are very... spirited! Extra energetic; you could say hyper. Both of them! I can't imagine having a calm child - they've both been like this since they were babies. Another would be quite something! lol

I see that your son is still pretty young, is this something you've wanted to have them close in age? If you got pregnant very soon they'd have about the same age difference as me and my brother which I really liked as a kid. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->