I'm never drinking again..

LHill2010

Reaction score
No, I haven't drank any alcohol since before I got pregnant, but I swear I HATE being around or even talking to drunk people. My DH called me tonight after having a few to drink. He's in a school for work like 3,000 miles away. I don't really care that he drinks, but I just hate talking to him when he's drunk. I can tell he's been drinking even if he only has 1. He's trying to be sweet, but he repeats himself over and over and slurs his words and it makes me want to scream at him. Anyone who is drunk really just needs to stay away from me. At christmas time I had to drive home a car full of drunk people and wanted to pull over and kick them all out. I'm never drinking again if I seriously act like that... UGH! Anyone else find drunk people EXTREMELY annoying these days?!

my husband drinks too..and it stinks..oh his breath..i could throw up multiple times. disgusting. i hear ya!!

Yes! I swear being pregnant & therefore sober is such a revelation. I take after my mum where by I dont stop yapping after a few & boy if she is anything to go by I must have waffled a load of crap!

I too am never drinking again! lol

& my DH is out this weekend....Arghhhh!!

xoxo

Gosh, I'm SO glad I'm not alone... I can't stand the smell of alcohol right now. Or any aspect of it really. lol

my husband drinks too..and it stinks..oh his breath..i could throw up multiple times. disgusting. i hear ya!!

It doesn't bother me that he drinks, but I can smell EVERYTHING, so the smell of booze bothers me on his breath. Especially when he drinks red wine.

I am right there with you. I can not STAND drunk people, and when my DH gets drunk I really get pissed. After spending 3 + years going to bars for karaoke and not drinking and seeing everyone around me get trashed It's really put me off drunks...I mean who wants to puke/piss them selves in public, make total asses out of themselves, hit on people who obviously have no intrest in dating you and get into fist fights because you think somebody made a gesture to you that was offensive. Every night I went to a bar at least one of these things would happen and I can not stand it.

I'm going to be sure to teach my son that not only is drinking in excess dangerous it makes you look reeaaallly f***ing stupid.

im right there with ya i hate the smell of booze it really stinks! my friend popped round the other night after having a few and my god he just looked a mess kept talking rubbish which got right on my nerves he kept saying he wished i could have a drink with him but i boring now bein pregnant he was joking but not if you know what i mean and all i kept thinking was id rather be boring than a puddle of mess who stinks! lol x

My OH annoys me to pieces when he drinks. He went out drinking tonight with a friend I REALLY *hate* and I'm so annoyed I doubt I'll answer his calls. My patience is so thin when dealing with drunks while I've been pregnant.

To be honest i think all drunk people are annoying. So I'm also not touching alcohol again after birth.

My dear husband got completely hammered on New Year's and was sick *all over* the bathroom, then stumbled to bed and passed out! So guess who was cleaning it up at one o' clock in the morning! :growlmad: I quite honestly could have killed him right then. He never does anything like that though, and good thing too. He'd be buried in the garden!

I've never been a big drinker so am used to being sober around a load of drunk people, they don't bother me too much, though I hate the smell on my partner. My OH rarely drinks, usually only if I or if we have visitors having a drink, but my ex did and I really hated it.

When I was 8 months pregnant with my first baby I was driving back from a New Year's Eve party with a car full of drunks and got pulled over by the police. They were doing drink driving tests, they quickly realised I was not drinking (I think the bump gave it away!) but then my friends started singing to them... They just waved me off and wished me luck!

me and my OH dont really drink much but when i do drink which is not very often, i can admit that i am the drunk who is everyones best friend and wants to talk to everyone and complements them etc... he on the other hand is actually quite funny when he is drunk and cute, but i have not yet been around many drunk ppl while pregnant so i couldnt say if they would annoy me like they do you.

I never really drank much before i was pregnant anyway, but i work in a pub so drunk people are part of my everyday life, and its very annoying. My patience has dissapeared when before i might have laughed it off.

Hubby still drinks and is big time hard work when hes drunk, fine when hes had a few but i can tell straight away when hes had one too many!!

I do. I've had to go to a couple of parties with OH. Then i've had to be the one to drive people home. It's extremely annoying. I won't be going to any more!

i just hate the smell of my boyfriend fullstop. lol. if hes been drinking it feels intoxicationg, like im breathing it in, smells like stale beer. and just in general i hate the smell of him, he smells like onions, its like it just comes out his skin. he is starting to think i hate him! as if he comes near me i turn away slightly!!

Yes I find it really annoying but only because I'm jealous! ha ha. No but seriously its only fun being around drunk people when you're drunk yourself! Must admit I am finding the smell of lager on my DH foul but I love sniffing other peoples red wine! I will defo be drinking again, but as I'm not the type to have so much that I'm falling over and chucking up its all good!

Well, I'm just glad I'm not the only one who wants to scream at every drunk person I'm around. I'm so Thankful to have all you preggos to relate to :) My hubby got drunk one night and puked on the couch and rug, and I dragged his ass in the bathroom.. The next morning he said, "what happened?" he didn't remember. OMG... I could have killed him. But, trust me, he learned his lesson. Now, everytime he drinks, he's so paranoid I'm mad at him. I don't tell him he can't drink. I just prefer him not to get sloshed... especially b/c when LO gets here.. there won't be any of that going on as long as he is in our care!!

My husband and I don't drink except rare occasions and I mean maybe once or twice a year and that's it. I haven't had a drink in over a year. I lost a lot of my friends when I had my child so young and decided she was more important than "going out" so I never really got into the whole drinking thing when I turned 21 'cause I was already a mother. I have one friend if that's what you call her and I can't stand how much she drinks and she has 4 kids ontop of it. My husband and I are too busy with our 4 children to even think about drinking...it's such a waste of precious time anyway :)

Yep i completely understand. My partner only has to have 1 beer and the smell is ewwww. Christmas time was awful as you have to be around drunk people chatting crap... uuugh!

My OH goes extremely soppy when he drinks, I quite like it!

However, I have been around friends when they are drunk and OMG how annoying are they...ranting on and on about boring subjects, acting like complete tarts and not caring about how they are seen. I am deeply ashamed that I used to act like that! I don't think I will be getting drunk again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"