I'm new here, and I need some insight with this!

_pinky_

Naturally TTC
Reaction score
I am new here, but hope it is okay that I seek some opinions from you since I have secretly been stalking this board for a week or so :-=

Okay, so me and hub are not "trying" but I would of course be over the moon if I fell pregnant! We became blessed with a pregnancy that sadly ended in miscarriage in early May at 7 weeks. We decided "maybe it was God's plan" and I (somewhat grudgingly) agreed to go on birth control. I was only on it for 2 months, when in the beginning of this month (August) Hubby and I have both been working so hard that it slipped our minds to get the pill pack, once we remembered it was too late and just decided to use withdrawal method this month :-=

Since we are not trying, I am not 100% sure when my period is due, but I am almost positive it was due August 22nd.
For the past couple of weeks I have been feeling downright sick. And I just "know" that something is going on down there. (With my first pregnancy I just "knew", and I was right!). I've been having headaches, been very tired, have a sore throat, slight fever some nights, sick to my stomach at times, had the pulling sensation in uterus which I actually didnt have with last pregnancy, hubs says my mouth tastes like metal, hes also been mentioning a lot lately that i am "very warm" even when i wear shorts on cold nights, been very irritable, and most importantly my breasts hurt like CRAZY, sometimes when I lightly poke them I almost cry.

We went to Wal-Mart on the 19th and I got a 3 pack of Equate blue dye tests. I took one as soon as I got home (afternoonish/eveningish) and as soon as the urine hit the control box I saw the FAINTEST EVER little blue line..I had to squint and hold it up to the sun. Wasn't going to show hubby because I thought he would think I am crazy...but he insisted..and he of course thought I was crazy. I threw it away, confused. 3 - 5 hours later I got the urge to look in the trash bin, and line was no longer there when I squinted.

I told hubs I was going to wait a couple of days to test but of course first thing next morning on the 20th I POAS again. SAME EXACT THING as the day before. Was this a ghost line? Was I going crazy? But the line (if you can even call it that!) WAS blue, and DID show up under 2 minutes, even though you could only see it in sunlight. Didnt show hubs this time, just told him it was the same as before and threw it away. I of course peeked a few hours later, and the "line" seemed to be gone :cry:

The next day I didnt test because I told myself I was going to wait 5 days.

But of course I only lasted one day and decided to test again in the morning on the 22nd (remember, AF should be here). Okay ladies well this was the weirdest testing of all. I peed on it, maybe a little over the 5 seconds that is instructed? because this time the whole control window changed a clear shade of blue??? with a SLIGHT line of darker blue in the middle...but with a vein-like other line of darker blue coming out the bottom of that "line"??! I was thinking "WHAT THE!!". Is there something wrong here..or..?? I didnt tell hubs about this test until later. He said maybe the tests were faulty. And we'll try again in a "few days". GRRR.
I of course looked in the trash bin a few hours later. THIS TIME, the control window was no longer shaded blue, but instead I see a faint blue line right in the middle, with nothing strange coming out of it, and this time I dont really have to squint to see it!! What is going on here??!! lol.

I should also mention a long with my other symptoms, I have had AF type cramps (but not as extreme) for the past 4 days, with absolutely no AF in sight, and I have pretty much no CM, or when I do it is very clear.

Another thing I should mention is that 2 weeks AFTER my period, I had some slight slight slight bleeding that lasted about 2 days, with no cramps or breast pain, and it smelled like regular blood instead of period blood (TMI).

I am sorry this is long, but any insight or comments will be helpful :wacko::wacko:

I am going crazy here!! :dohh:

Welcome to TTC! I don't have an answer, but I have plenty of :hugs:, if that helps? LOL

I know so little about birth control pills... I've been on them for 2 days in my entire life... and that was yesterday and the day before... will be day 3 in about 1.5 hrs. :) I'm only on it for a month or two, but someone told me that the less time you're on it usually means the less disturbance to your normal cycles once stopping it. I'm hoping that's true.

Personally, I would go get some tests with pink dye. I've read too many horror stories about blue dye tests. I can't imagine I will ever use one. They notoriously bleed color all over the window and the evaps are almost always blue in color as well.

I'm not trying to be a downer... I certainly hope this is your month! :) I'd just do a pink dye test (something like FRER) to be sure! :) FX'd for you!!!

~*BABY DUST*~

Hey Meg33k, what BC have they put you on

ditto what she said! blue is evil, speaking from experience!

Hey Meg33k, what BC have they put you on

Ortho Tri-Cyclen *sighs* It's leading up to my first fertility clinic appt. Apparently, they would make me do it for a month or two anyway, so my gyn wanted to get me a month ahead of the game so that the trying wouldn't be delayed any further. I'm hoping this one month will be enough and they'll be assisting me with actually TTC as of Sept 23... but I'm not holding my breath. I am, however, holding my breath until I take another HPT next week... oh, the drama. :( lol

Grrr, darn blue dye!!! Hmmm. Maybe I will convince hub to go get more today =)

With my first pregnancy I took an Equate the day my period was due, and it showed up positive almost right away, but it was the pink dye kind.

I guess maybe I am a little scared to get new tests that might show up "positively negative" =(

Soo I am thinking that maybe these tests WERE negative, and it's just my wishful thinking. Only time will tell I suppose?! Its just so odd that my breast have been extremely painful all this week..with no AF in sight. *fingers crossed*

I hated being on BC, felt like I was totally messing with my body :cry:

Sooo I went to the store tonight and got a box of new tests that ARE NOT blue dye!!! Thanks for the advice :hugs:

Though when I got to the store I realized I only had $7.60 on me (forgot my ATM card) :dohh: So I could not afford the box of two of FR. But I did get a box of two "test 5 days earlier" tests from ANSWER. Any opinions on this brand? It *is* pink dye. (By the way the total came out to $7.58..how close was I?! lol).

I am tempted to test tonight, but will wait until FMU in the morning. Oh the agony!

BABY DUST........

just keep having unprotected sex dont forget that 5% chance of getting preg,
sorry about the MC
HOPE U GET THAT :bfp: THAT U WANT
:hugs::hug::hugs:

=]

Good luck with your new tests! I'm pretty a-ok with Answer. They have pink dye, and that's the crucial thing really. lol

The POAS HPT overview says that Answer Early and FRER both report to detect 25mIU of hcg. Unofficially, Answer Early may be able to detect <10mIU and FRER may be able to detect as little as 7mIU. So, you should be fine. She also has a note on both of those brands that "'disappearing positves' are negative results." So, take that as you will. I wish she had expounded upon it a bit more. I'm guessing that the "disappearing positive" is probably something that would happen pretty quickly. If it's what I'm thinking of, it's probably when the dye looks like it's forming a positive line as it moves across the window but then when the window clears up to white again, there isn't actually a line at all. Basically, give it the suggested amount of time to "cook" before deciding if it's positive or negative! :)

I hope it's positively positive for you! :) Good luck and tons of ~*BABY DUST*~

I hated being on BC, felt like I was totally messing with my body :cry:

That is precisely how I feel. I feel like I'm betraying my body by putting BCP in it. I hate it and I don't want to do it. BUT! I don't feel like I have many options as she is certain that the fertility clinic will insist that I do it. I've gotten to where I'm considering "missing" 2-3 pills (as the instructions say that you are totally unprotected for 7 days after missing the pills if you miss 1-3 pills in the first 2 weeks of taking it. I've also considered trying to get my GP to give me antibiotics for ANYTHING, so that I could completely counteract it. She didn't say that it had to WORK for a month, only that I had to take it for a month! LOL How terrible is that?

Hey, I hope you get the BFP that you want...
I've been having the same symptons as you have and i was due for my "monthly" on the 12th :p I still not seen it either :p
But when you do it tomorrow, take the test go make a drink and go back to it, then your not tempted to peek at it while its through its 2mins or so.... :p
Good luck and i hope you get the answer you want :p

Well when I went to sleep last night I had a very vivid dream that I got my BFP. The one and only time I had a dream like that, I tested the next day and I was pregnant!

Well I woke up this morning and with my FMU I took the Answer Early Response pregnancy text. It was....BFN :cry::cry:

I am just so angry at myself for letting myself be SO POSITIVE that I was pregnant. I mean, even letting go of all the "symptoms" I have, and telling myself "well I guess it was all just psychological"...that still doesn't quite explain to me WHY my breast feel like bricks and WHY they have heavy blue veins all around them and around the nipples...your boobs having extremely large and plentiful veins all around them isn't psychological..how can it be..? even my DH sees them... "umm what's wrong with your boobs?" :cry::cry:

And I still have no sign of AF..and I am never late like this. I just don't understand. I have soo much work to do today to make money for this household...but I'm finding it hard to even get changed out of my pajamas :cry: I guess the reason why I am most upset is because I KNOW my body, and this month I KNEW I was pregnant..so my body lied to me..I just don't know anymore :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->