im new here... got my first faint line.. so here i am...

aaiimmee

M/C NOV 08
Reaction score
hi everyone
as this is my first pregnacy i have acouple of question.... when will i show? when can i have my first scan... how many weeks is a same week to tell people.. ill leave it at that for now... please help me out :)

GetAttachment1.jpg

When will you show? Depends on your body type really some people dont show until 6-7 months some show Earlier.

When can I have my first scan? Depends on your doctor But I find if you play stupid about your last period they will give you a dating scan

How many weeks is a same week to tell people? Um depends again, I told when I felt "right" about the pregnancies In your heart you'll know when to tell. It might be good to tell a good friend, JUST IN CASE somethings happens you have someone to lean on

CONGRATS and Hope this helps

thank u very much it does help.... im over the moon right now

Yay congrats hun!!!!:happydance:

Like soon2be3 said, play stupid on when your last period was and its likely they will give you an early dating scan. Otherwise you should get one around 12 weeks.

If its your first baby you will probably start to show around 16/20 weeks...everyones different!

Good Luck on your journey through pregnancy sweetie xxx

I find it funny Im telling someone to lie to a doctor for our own sick amusment of seeing bubs on ultrasound AFTER I explained to my daughter lying was a naughty thing...

hehe... os ur saying its best to say u cant really remember when u last had a period so u can get a scan early?

YEP thats the best way...My excuses have been "Oh I've been so busy and scatterbrained I cant remember much lately" Then doctor sets up Ultrasound because its better tell early on when your due rather then later in pregnancy because each baby grows at different rates.

oh k thats very sneaky.. but i might just do that.... anyting i should do over the next couple of weeks in particular?

heyy chick congrats. every1 is diffrent about the showing part lol,.. alls you can do is wait and see~! x

Just take things easy hun, do what you rbody tells you to do...if it wants to sleep, then sleep...same as goes for eating, but try to stick to some healthy foods. You might start feeling sick, you might not..I found when I felt sick if I ate something small I would feel better.

I take it your taking folic acid?

Hello!
Congrats and welcome!
Everybody is different, But most people will have bloating untill their 12 weeks, and any time after then a bump may start to show because your uterous moves up from behind your pelvis.
Im not sure if its the same in Australia but normally in England the first(dating) scan is between 10 and 14 weeks, I had mine at 11weeks 5days.
Its completley personal choice when you decide to tell people, Alot of people wait untill they hit the 12 week mark as the chance of miscarrige decreases dramaticaly. I told close family and friends when I found out but now I dont care who knows :D!

How far gone are you?
Xx

The first thing you need to do, is get yourself off down to boots or your local chemist and get yourself some folic acid. This is very important for the development of your baby hun. Your doc will probably give you a prescription for some but It depends on when your app is with him.

You need to take this until you are 12 weeks. xx

aww 3weeks and 5 days...I found out when I was 3wekks and 4 days...seems like yesterday! time will fly! xx

i really hope time will fly the last 2 weeks have gone sooooo slow.... ill go n get some tomroow..... im so excited.... cant take this smile off my face.. thank you all for ur support ill be needing it over the coming months....anytring other tips u have for me... help is greatly appreciated

Hi hun. Congratulations on your :bfp: great news. I know what you mean about wiping the smile off your face - it is fabulous eh?!!:happydance:
jackie is right hun - you need to start taking folic acid as soon as you can - it is v important for the development of lo. there are special vitamins for pregnant women that you can take also - but some people say it makes them feel sick and a bit :blush: ahem, bunged up!!!! me included! i stopped taking them and just carried on with the folic acid!! there are TONS of things like pate etc that you should avoid now also. home made mayo, runny eggs, pate, home made cheese cake, cut down on caffeine etc.
congrats again - keep us all updated on your scan dates etc!
xxxx

so if i just ask at the chemist for folic acid theyll know wat i mean... sooo new to this sorry bout all the questions

Yer hun dont worry they will know exactly what you mean.......congratulations by the way xxxxxx

Congrats hun , you can also buy a womans one a day vitamin , thats actually what my doc has me on now because my prenatals make me sick , and they have folic acid in them , they cost about 7.00 dollars a bottle and you get lots in there .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->