• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I'm New - Starting Clomid need advice

DancingDiva

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Its great to see that i'm not the only one having issues trying to conceive and I can relate to several of the stories within here.

My husband and I having been TTC for 4 yrs now, My DH has perfectly fine sperm count etc, in nov 10 I had my left tube unblocked then in Jan 11 was told I was not OV and would require to lose 2stone in weight before putting me on Clomid.

I have now lost the 2 stone and I am starting on Clomid 50mg CD 2-6, I was just looking for any sort of information or advice that any of you lovely ladies can assist me with. It would be much appreciated.

DancingDiva x

Didn't want to read and run, but I have never been on Clomid so I can't help.
Lots of people have though so hopefully someone will be along shortly to say somethnig more helpful!
Good Luck

Hi thank u for replying hopefully as sometime u just feel like u are on this journey alone and the only person to go through this. Good luck on what u are trying to achieve. Thanks x

Aww... Hun that is my story, but the dr wont give me clomid until i lost 100lbs.i lost sixty, then i got pregnant naturally in 09 and lost the baby at 13wks(missed miscarriage) in jan of 10. I didnt conceive in all of 2010. Oh and i have pcos... So i know it because i wasnt ovulating. So i took 100mg of clomid(i didnt bother taking 50mg because i still have 38lbs to lose before the dr. Would have given it to me, and i know that clomid isnt as effective with heavy ppl ) i took it days 2-6 had cramps on left march 18(cd18. Then march 19 i had a pos opk(cd19). Then today 12dpo i got a pos hpt...my first cycle...but i am going to test again because i am worried that my pos my just be an evap line??? But i was happy to know that i at least ovulated... My hpt pic is in the "ttc#1 clomid club" thread i cant post it here... If you wanna see... Good luck hun!!! I swear by clomid..lol

I've been on clomid and now I'm on tamoxifen.
You having scans to check follie size?
GL with the clomid, hope it works for you x

Oh goodness, I didn't realize there was a weight requirement for clomid! My gyn didn't mention anything about it when I asked... of course, we haven't been trying that long, and she wants to test OH first (which we can't because he's doesn't have insurance and we're not married)

ANYWAY, I hope it works out for you.:hugs:

I cant give you information bout what to expect on clomid, but I'm in the same boat as you, I was prescribed 50mg clomid, to start cd3-5, I begin april 3rd. I'm really hoping it only takes the one cycle. DH and I have been trying now for 1.5, all testing came back great except for my estrogen levels. I dont produce enough and there for dont ovulate.

hi dancingdiva,u r def not alone in the TTC drama,nor with d clomid.(im even ashamed to say this) im on my 4th cycle of clomid for the month march,if i get af (which is due any day now),ill be going on my 5th cycle,im stating to get desperate and i think dis clomid isnt for me,but my gyno says we hav to try all 6 cycles before we can move on to the next step(which i dont kno wat it is) i have PCOS,but i dont have a weight problem.
so dont dispair,there r loads of women who are going thru similar situations.ive learnt that all you can do is keep up the positive mental attitude even if ure r sad wen/if AF shows up.
:dust: to you

There really isnt a weight requirement for clomid, but they do say it isnt as effective in overweight women. Some doctor have no problem giving it to heavy women and others do.... Let me tell you... I am still a heavy woman, and they clomid worked for me first cycle...i got my positive the other day... And i actually have pregnancy symptoms...

Thank u all for the responses it is great that I don't have to go through this alone and I can turn u ladies who understand what I'm going through. All the best and good luck with all ur situations and I will be sure to keep track on how u are all getting on and update u girls on my progress with clomid.

Thanks again ladies x

Well if you have any clomid questions please feel free to ask. Even though it was my first round i am a clomid head and know quite a bit about it... And i am always online to free to ask...and there are some great girls in the ttc#1 clomid club, in this forum, check it out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"