I'm new to all this!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive Over 35' started by madmax, Jan 24, 2011.

1. madmax

madmax Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I am very new to all this, but wanted to talk and get advice from people in the same situation, I will keep it brief!!! I have two children, husband has two with ex wife. We have been ttc for six months! I did get pregnant age 34 two years ago, which ended in mc at 10 weeks. We have been to the doctors, who didn't seem to care and told me that they were not interested until ttc for two years!!!! I had written down what I wanted to say, mainly that my LP seems to have got shorter. She just said as I have "regular" periods I should not worry! I have been reading about agnus castus and vit B complex. I have also seen some saliva test that you can have (paid for privately!) wondered if any of these are worth a go? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

2. The Catster

The Catster Mummy of 2 girls!!!!!!!!!

I am 37 and had my baby girl 6 months ago- rocky journey, but well worth it.

Anyway- after 2 mcs (which I blame on clomid intervention) I started with Ov sticks- which I later found out they give me false readings- so invested in CBFM, and my first go I created Georgia...

So CBFM all the way!!! I didn't think Iovulated that late, and for months/years had missed it!! So apart from the CBFM, it was all au naturelle in the end!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
    GL xxx

3. madmax

madmax Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for replying to me! I have ordered CBFM today online as it is cheaper! Went to docs who has agreed to do hormone tests on me and tests on husband. I took a chart in a proved my Luteal phase was only 9 days and her answer was "oh, don't worry about that!" charming. I am absolutely sure this is what the problem is. Hopefully after some tests she will agree with me as I believe it can be quite easily corrected!

4. Omi

Omi A Mummy At Last!

Good luck hun! The cbfm is a great tool, xxx

5. Jill72

Jill72 Well-Known Member

Hi - I am new too..... trying to learn all the acronyms!! what is CBFM?

6. Omi

Omi A Mummy At Last!

Jill, a cbfm is a clearblue ferility monitor. If you're looking for more of the weird lingo we use there is a thread on top of the main page that has a lot of them. Or maybe you simply wondered what cbfm meant, lol! :)

7. Jill72

Jill72 Well-Known Member

Just found it and ordered CBFM from Amazon!! lol! keen!

8. mrsdh

mrsdh Well-Known Member

Hi madmax try the vit b complex as I too had a 9 day luteal phase. The 1st month of taking the b complex 100 it went to a 12 day luteal. For me, agnus castus didn't make a difference but i know many women that it has helped. Good luck xx

9. madmax

madmax Well-Known Member

I have been taking agnus castus and vit b complex this month! Realised that I was using my opk at the wrong time!lol. Read in a book that you shouldn't test first thing in thr morning! so did a test at 5pm today and bingo, got the right time! Can't use CBFM til next month! I am becoming an expert at all this, Husband had blood tests a kind of MOT and docs have rung and said we need to go in as his tests have a cause for concern! Naturally being a man he didn't ask what! They are seeing us a week today, so I am sure that if it was something really serious they would have seen us much quicker? Has got me worried though! Typical man, he is not worried at all! He is more interested that his luck is in for the next few days!!lol.

Cheers

10. Leeze

Leeze Mum and TTC #2

Hi madmax and welcome. you could also try maca (herb) - this is meant to be good to help regulate cycles and hormones etc. good luck xx :dust:

11. madmax

madmax Well-Known Member

I've just read your journal! Wow you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo organised! I have a 16 year old and a 5 year old, so getting the bd in can sometimes be rather difficult! Quite funny really. I have kind of calmed down a bit really. My acupucturist says the amount I have had to deal with the past year (husbands ex wife is a nightmare, son playing up and bullying at work!) it's no wonder I am taking time to get pregnant, she says that she believes that we don't have a fertility problem, but your body and mind has to be in the right place! Acupuncture is doing wonders for me I feel like a different woman! I too have really cut down and the alcohol, although we did have a bottle of champers last nite with our friends to celebrate valentines day!
    Best of luck to you, with that journal it's gotta work!!!!!!xx

12. Jax41

Jax41 It only takes one...

Hi madmax, I'm totally with you/your acupuncturist on the 'your body and mind has to be in the right place' bit. I know I should've tried the TTC lark much sooner than I have now but the past 5-6 years have been so stressful what with trying to run my own business, my lovely Dad was poorly that it would have been all wrong for my little bub....but now the timing has never felt better so bring it on!!!!:happydance:

13. madmax

madmax Well-Known Member

Thank you for all your replies, seems that the advice worked! Was going to start using my CBFM when my next period started, but it didn't! Two lots of accupuncture (Joy you are an amazing lady!) Agnus Castus and Vit B complex 100 and there it was! I am still in shock and obviously very nervous, but well whatever will be will be. DH chuffed he hasn't got to go for his "soldier" test now as he calls it! When he found out how much the CBFM cost he nearly fainted! told him we could use it for the next baby! He didn't find that funny!!! If it hadn't been for all the ladies advice and support I don't think I would have had the guts to carry on! :cloud9: