im new

bella2

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new here and could do with ur thoughts on my situation.

Im 28 and am extremely broody right now. Im currently on the pill and have decided to come off it in the next couple of months. Me and my boyf both r really excited by the thought of havin a baby some time soon. However, Ive been on the pill for just over 10 years now since i was 17. the thing is i started my periods when i was 12 ish and they were never regular - in fact theyd last about 3 days and there wud be months in between. As a teenager i never cared much or worried and in fact quite liked not having monthly periods - obviously now im older and wanting kids im really panicked about things and wondering if i can conceive.

Pls any advice wud be great im just wonderin if any of u have similar circumstances.

Hello!

Welcome to the site. There are alot of people on here with irregular periods and they have concieved. Am sure they would be able to advise you better.

All that I can suggest is when you stop taking the pill start monitoring your cycle for length etc etc....people on here chart temps, cervical mucus, position of cervix all to let you know when you may be fertile.
I use Fertility Friend and do my temperature and mucus...I also use a clearblue fertility monitor (although not advised for irregular cycles) but the site gives you loads of info on the changes your body goes through on a monthly basis.

Good Luck when ttc!

:hug:

Emma.xx

hi im the exact same as you and as you can see from my ticker i have 3 beautiful girls. i started my periods when i was 13 and like you could go months without one once i reached 16 i went on the pill to regulate them. once we decided to have a baby i stopped the pill in november had my normal bleed but then never had another period i found out i was preg at the end of january so all that time between i never had a period so it only took 3 months to conceive. with emma simlar story except i had 1 period and it took 4 months with her. lucy was a little longer it took 8 months with her but i put that down to stressing over it and using opks which lead to my stressing so decided to just have fun and we conceieved that month. so im confident you wont have any problems. good luck xx:hugs:

Thank u both for ur replies.

ricschick u have really made me worry much less!!! thank u!!

i will finish the pack of pills im on now and then i will come off them and start monitoring how things go... aaaargh im so broody its taking over my life - hence why im in here when i shd be working lol! x

Am glad someone could put you at ease who has/was in the same situation.

Maybe post in the ttc section too as am sure there are plenty other ladies in same situation. We women always think we are alone and fear the worst but turns out there are other out there going though exactly the same thing!

Emma.xx

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome :wave:

xxxx

:wave: hello! Welcome - try not to stress about it as that will make matters worse! Try and relax and enjoy :sex: and hopefully it won't take too long! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->