I'm not hungry!!!

WhaatToExpect

Reaction score
I'm really confused because I taught I should be having like every craving possible, but I do not have appetite for anything. I am literally making myself eat, but it gets to a point where I'm just disgusted by everything :cry: even my favorite foods. I know I need to try to get all the nutrients possible for my baby because he will take everything away from me, but the only thing that my stomach is holding is fruits. My boyfriend is worrying me more because he said his sister would always eat when she was pregnant, so he gets mad because he says I'm not eating right :sick:

Any advice on how to eat? or is anyone else not hungry? :help:

If I have one consistent symptom, it's a lack of appetite. I wouldn't worry as long as you are eating something. My Dr said the baby is getting the nutrients it needs this early and not to be worried.

Are you taking your prenatals? Though they don't cover for a healthy diet, they still give you a nice safety net. Also, I am on the same boat as you - its veryyyyy normal in early pregnancy. Thinking of food makes me gag at times. However, there are certain foods I like, such as carrots with dip, watermelon, cheese sticks, crackers, etc; so I eat those only. As long as you are eating something, u will be okay! :)

Certain foods help soothe a pregnant stomach cheese crackers etc. I googled and found a decent list of stuff to try. Also try snacking instead of meals. I believe you can drink ensure to make up what you can't eat. Check with your doc first though. Also depends on if you can keep it down. Same with smoothies. If you have a smoothie store close by, they may be able to give you something appealing with added nutrients. I seem to have an issue with anything that isn't chopped into tiny pieces. So you might want to try that. Shredded cheese seems to work well for me and oyster crackers. It also helps to eat something before you even get out of bed. I've heard ginger helps, but never tried it.

My doctors said that unlike common sense most pregnant women tend to lose weight in the first trimester! I had no cravings so far but there's an endless list of food i love but i can't eat cos now even their smell make me want to throw up like lasagne (always loved it but tried eating some last night and it didn't end up well lol) i've always had bananas for breakfast but they starting to make me feel nauseous now?!?! Orange juice... And the list goes on...! Xxx

I'm the same. I don't want anything and need to make myself eat. All I want is water it's the only thing I can stomach x

Another thing my doctors said is it's important to eat every 3 hours! I guess i'll make some fruit salad for the week so whenever i need to eat but i don't feel like eating anything i'll have some. xx

im the same everything just sounds yucky, makes my tummy turn! have to force myself to eat! fruit is ok

I went through this. Could barely eat anything for the first 11 weeks, lost 12 pounds.

Just hit 12 weeks and am finally beginning to eat a little bit better than I had been. Still taking a long time and still have massive food aversions. My midwife said that it's not uncommon to have aversions in the beginning and that as long as I took my vitamins for baby's sake, to eat whatever it was I could stomach (even if it was just pringles) until my body regulated itself. It's tough, but baby's getting the nutrients that it needs. So I took my vitamins, ate whatever I could coax into my stomach and am slowly working toward "normalcy" in eating again. :)

I have no appetite or cravings either, but if my stomach is empty, my nausea is even worse.. so I force myself to eat just because its better than the nauseated 'I feel like Im about to puke' feeling

i'm in the same boat. I haven't had a normal appetite for weeks now. it's not aversion per se...just.."food apathy". can't wait till I can eat like a normal person again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->