I'm peeed off with this Christmas Ad **EDIT Had RESPONSE FROM LITTLEWOODS**

Status
Not open for further replies.

maccy

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls
Reaction score
The Littlewoods one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ5Q16EntU

When your trying to keep the magic alive of Santa and your 7 year old is having doubts, this ad comes on and it says who puts the Xbox under the tree....my lovely mother, which ok is cute but my LO looks at me and says see he's not real you do it cause you love us so much :cry: I have persuaded her for now to keep believing but argh what silly ad!

oh nooo!! That is crappy maybe we should complain.. their taking the magic away :(

i say this every time its on!! i go off on a rant about it ha ha! every other adverts aimed at santa bringing presents then this one just messes with childrens heads! luckly imogens way too young but i'd be so pee'd off (even more lol) if she was older!!

I kinda agree and kinda disagree. It doesn't say anything about Santa not doing it but I understand that might just be because of the way my parents did things with me - Santa brought the presents in my santa sack and everything under the tree was from mum, dad and family.

If you don't like it, complain about it. I'm sure others feel the same way.

I didn't like the John Lewis advert last year when they were trying to sneak the rocking horse up the stairs which was less obvious to kids I guess.

I dom't like it at all i think it will make kids question santa. I think there will be a lot of complaints!

I find it an annoying advert.

I got a bit annoyed in the Card Factory yesterday as they had a display near the till of 'Father Christmas reply letters!'

I don't like it either. Plus, those kids singing it are old enough to still believe, how many of them found out from Littlewoods that Santa doesn't exist?!

What a stupid commercial... i think you should all complain....

Of course, that commercial won't be played in the US but if my son saw a commercial like that.... i would just explain that some presents are from Santa and some are from Mom.....

Think a lot of dads will complain too seeing as according to littlewoods mum gets all the presents lol
I'm not a fan of it either & i do think it will make kids question it x

I'm not a complainer usually, but just sent a little short note about this ad after seeing your responses, and got this reply back with 2 hours! LOL.

Thanks for your email about our Littlewoods Christmas advert.

Your feedback is important.

We’re really sorry you feel this way about the advert.

It was never our intention for it to come across in this way as it’s meant to be a fun, light hearted take on Christmas and how the family come together at this time.

While the wording of the song is about Mother, the advert is about the entire family.

We would never want to suggest that Santa doesn't exist. We researched this and found out that each family has different traditions. For example some families said that Santa brings the presents in a stocking but the family and friends place under the tree.

Our customers also told us that although Santa brought the majority of presents for the children, Mum and Dad always bought one present for the children, as well as the gifts for the family - so uncle Ken's watch came from Mum.

Please accept our apologies for the upset this has caused.

Kind Regards

Patricia Keeney

Online Customer Services

At least they responded!! I'm pretty impressed!

I don't like the advert either :(

Haha as if she they really give a shit that they have caused people upset? What a load of tosh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"