I'm peeed off with this Christmas Ad **EDIT Had RESPONSE FROM LITTLEWOODS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH iv never thought about it that way as my kids are still so young so i thought it was cute. Hope you can get her to still believe x

I hate that advert because it is just beyond annoying. Hadn't even thought about it being a problem about Santa because like their reply presents under the tree are from family, hope you can convince LO to ignore it.

i dont like it either buuuuutttt i want a mum that buys those kinda gifts :rofl:

I get what you are saying. The Very advert is similar. Holly and Fearne are beating santa to putting present under the tree!

Looks like they have sent you a standard reply so I assume that they have received a few complaints about it. I dont like the ad and immediately thought the same.

Slightly ot but I didn't even realise littlewoods still existed! My kids are still too young to question but all the gifts we buy them are from Santa, they don't get any from mummy and daddy so I really wouldn't appreciate them seeing that ad when they're older.

I hate this advert too - glad it wasnt just me being a misery though!! x

WORST AD EVER!!!

Iv deliberatly not oredred anything through very because of it...Do you think i should complain and state that haha :lol:

ha ha im sure its dad who got the watch not uncle Ken!! does she not know her own advert lol.:haha:

just had a look, he actually got the htc mobile!! reply back and point that out ha ha!! :haha:

still hate it and just cause its SOME families tradition that santa only brings the stocking doesnt mean its everyones! when i was little all presents under the tree were from santa!!

Luckily we do it the way that they have said in their reply, Santa brings presents in the stockings whilst ours go under the tree, else I know DD1 would have questioned it straight away. Like your LO she is also having doubts and this year has started with the questions, TBH I think this will be her last year of believing. :cry:

If we would have done it that way then I would have complained too. Hope you can get her to carry on believing for at least a short while longer. :flower:

I'm not a complainer usually, but just sent a little short note about this ad after seeing your responses, and got this reply back with 2 hours! LOL.

Thanks for your email about our Littlewoods Christmas advert.

Your feedback is important.

We’re really sorry you feel this way about the advert.

It was never our intention for it to come across in this way as it’s meant to be a fun, light hearted take on Christmas and how the family come together at this time.

While the wording of the song is about Mother, the advert is about the entire family.

We would never want to suggest that Santa doesn't exist. We researched this and found out that each family has different traditions. For example some families said that Santa brings the presents in a stocking but the family and friends place under the tree.

Our customers also told us that although Santa brought the majority of presents for the children, Mum and Dad always bought one present for the children, as well as the gifts for the family - so uncle Ken's watch came from Mum.

Please accept our apologies for the upset this has caused.

Kind Regards

Patricia Keeney

Online Customer Services

surprised they got back to you. they say each family have different traditions so they must of known they would upset people
there was a advert last year, john lewis i think that showed people hiding presents (mum putting something in attic and parents sneaking things upstairs etc) i thought that was bit stupid too. :shrug:

Lol....

All our presents are off Santa, thats why she was questionning it, the family ones are seperate. They don't seem to wonder where their present is off us..

This is where I wrote:

[email protected]

for us personally I dont see anything wrong with it, but I can understand how it can affect other families... here we have stocking and Santa fills that, all the rest of the presents (that are under the tree) are from us!

I don't like the fact the little girl is singing about her 'mother', she's to young to be referring to her as that. 'Mummy' or 'Mum' it would have sounded better! (OMG I can't believe I'm commenting on a tv ad! My OH is always telling me I watch too much tv.......... maybe he's right! Lol!)

I hate this advert, not cos of the Santa thing, but cos it so flagrantly equates expensive gifts with how much love mum gets.

I'm probably just being hormonal but honestly I could cry for all the mums watching that with their kids who can't afford xboxes and new watches etc.

Just struck me as very unfestive. :nope:

I got the same response even though my complaint was why is it all about mother and why hasn't the father been mentioned. What about the kids who don't have a mum ?! and then went on about Santa etc so I'm going to email them back and ask them to re read my complaint as I raised about 6 things that they haven't answered in their standard reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"