"I'm pregnant" sign over my head?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mamaduke, Oct 3, 2013.

1. mamaduke

mamaduke Proud Mama

I'm trying very hard not to tell anyone that I'm pregnant until after 1st trimester, with the exception of DH and one of my close friends who's also been TTC #2. But it seems like everywhere I go, people are asking me "Will LO get a brother or sister?" To which I respond "One day... but not any time soon." :nope:

Today, when I picked up LO from daycare, his teacher asked the question. The teachers at his daycare are all in love with my son and his personality, and they're wondering if he'll get a sibling one day much like him. While I understand their excitement... I just can't say anything yet.

Add to it that the staff there just went through a baby boom. And at the last parent-teacher planning team meeting, I made a comment that I wasn't going to drink their water (as I didn't think I was pregnant at that point). :nope:

Is anyone else running into this now where they're trying to stay quiet and yet the whole world is asking if there's a baby on the way?

(Some people glow during pregnancy. I must radiate like the sun with the way everyone has been. :dohh: )

2. confuzion

confuzion Mommy to Zinny at last!

Oh yeah. I feel like such a liar because I constantly have to say "no no, not pregnant" and hoping they buy it!
    Had a miscarriage in July so everyone is expecting us to bounce back with a pregnancy right away. Which we did :happydance: but that made us cautious about telling people. I wouldn't have to "un-tell" again even though we only told family last time.
    Definitely sticking to the plan of keeping it a secret until we're out of the first tri. Maybe I'll wait even longer. But I wish everyone would stop making a liar out of me!

3. TXJen

TXJen Mommy to Max

I am in the same boat you are in that I am not telling anyone until 13 weeks with the exception of very close friends and family... But the friends that I did tell all either asked flat out if I was or said they could tell. Maybe they can just feel our excitement. :)

4. Misscalais

Misscalais Well-Known Member

I just want to shout it from the roof tops that I am but after having an an early MC in feb and a chemical the start of April I'm trying to hold out till 13 weeks but I so just want to tell everyone lol my mum and siblings know and a few close friends but we haven't even told my monster in law. So until we tell her we won't be able to tell anyone else and I'm so not ready to tell her lol!

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

I almost always crack. This has happened to me a few times. One time my sister even just asked me, "Soooo... anything new???" And I was like, "OKAY FINE I'LL SPILL IT!" Lol. I would make the worst special agent ever. They'd tickle me with a feather and I would tell them everything I know.

I do try to keep it a secret because like you I want to wait until the first trimester is over, but my uterus has already gone and popped up above my pubic bone because it's a little over achiever lol, and it's making the rest of my stomach look like I have a little bump starting (actually like an unmistakable bump), so I can see people looking. It's not going to be very easy! I feel your pain!

I WAS glowing, between weeks 4-5, until my pregnancy symptoms hit. Now I look like a greasy troll. I hope that clears up soon lol, but I'm glad that you have the glow! I hope I get mine too!

6. PandaMao

PandaMao Mom to 1

Nobody has guess that I'm pregnant except my sister in law and hubby before I told them. Not sure how no one else has guessed with all the symptoms i had. I started telling co-workers on Saturday and they pretty much had the little light bulbs going off. Oh it makes so much sense now, lol.

7. BigLegEmma

BigLegEmma Well-Known Member

:lol: I know the feeling. Quite a lot of people know about my pregnancy; more than I'd like, but it's been hard to hide with the morning sickness.

8. little moomin

little moomin Mama of One for now!

We started telling people after our 12 wk scan and a couple of people said oh yeah i guessed, what??? How irritating!!! I was super careful this time and don't normally drink, i drink decaf drinks, always look like shit (lolz) so i think the must be lying ;)

9. Jess812

Jess812 Jacob & Connor <3

Yes lol! I usually have the talk with friends and sisters about how excited and cant wait to have another baby. But ends with 'Just not yet...'

Now its hard as we still chat about this and im like ohh not yet. But dying inside to blurt it out to everyone :D

10. nugget80

nugget80 Well-Known Member

My dd asked me if i was pregnant and i lied to her... :( I feel bad for that. Both my dds keep asking when i will have another baby (they are desperate for another baby brother/sister) and as we got married end of July think others are expecting it sooner rather than later...! Trying to hold off til scan as am so scared something will go wrong. Finally decided to tell gp and have appointment Tuesday when i will be 7 weeks...

11. LadySekhmetDJ

LadySekhmetDJ Well-Known Member

Some of my friends who had children already knew right away when they saw me. It's too obvious and I can't lie like that! So I just told those friends to keep it hush hush and not blab on FB yet. I told close friends prior, because I cycle and they need to know if I went on a ride and something went wrong. A few of my cycling friends were already suspicious because all of sudden I stopped cycling and my mileages has dropped quite a bit. During that time, I was experiencing a lot of cramping and having issues. Now I don't have as severe, but they'll wonder why I'm not sprinting up my favorite hills anymore. Some people LOOK pregnant and act pregnant for someone who has kids or keen eye for body behavior will notice right away.

I think in a couple weeks, after my second scan I'll announce to the world.

12. Dougal1983

Dougal1983 Pregnant with #1

Yes totally!
    I'm 8 weeks and so far we've told our parents, sisters and a best friend each but we are both struggling with not telling everyone else!
    And because we've been married for 2 years, everyone constantly asks when there's a baby coming!
    I'm the most honest person ever so I'm finding it very hard to lie!
    Just 4 more weeks until I can tell everyone! Hurry up November!

13. rollachick

rollachick Well-Known Member

Yup im the same as you with every thing yourve said!!!
    I get to go for my 12 week scan on the 6th of november. And one of my best mates is getting married on the 9th so im stocked ill b able to tell my mates at the wedding. He already knows and has joked about announcing it in his wedding speech :p
    I had someone ask me when we were gona have a baby the day i found out i was preg, even before i told my husband, i was just like ah soon probly, we are talking about it quite abit now.. Felt so stink not telling her the full truth :(

14. Dougal1983

Dougal1983 Pregnant with #1

My 12 week scan is on the 6th as well!!

Your due date must be the 19th May?
    I'm the 17th, according to my midwife, but 18th by my GP lol.

November is my favourite month anyway as it's my birthday on the 24th and this year it's my 30th!
    So I'm really going to love November this year :)

15. rollachick

rollachick Well-Known Member

Thats so cool having someone the exact same distance along as me :)
    Yea ive worked out im due 19-20th. Metting my midwife on thursday so will see what she rekns.
    Are you in the may due thread thing?