I'm probably just making excuses...

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by captain-ally, Apr 7, 2009.

1. captain-ally

captain-ally Well-Known Member

so I can co-sleep a little longer. Originally, I was co-sleeping because my stitches hurt too much to be climbing in and out of bed every time I had to feed her, but they're pretty much healed up now. It's just that every time I put her in her cradle she seems so uncomfortable. She's always kicking off her blankets and making noises and squirming in there. In bed she passes right out and doesn't move a muscle till I wake her up to eat.

I don't want co-sleeping to become a habit, so I might as well break it now but :cry: I want her to be comfortable too!

2. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 3 on Earth, 1 in Heaven

If it makes you feel any better, I am (unintentionally) still co-sleeping with my son. I never really wanted to, but when he was little, he just slept so much better with me and his daddy, that we kept it up. We haven't really done anything to stop it. Now, we put him to sleep in his crib and if he wakes up in the middle of the night, we'll put him in bed with us, but if not he stays in his crib all night. It works out best for us that way, plus I really like the snuggling at night. :blush:

3. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

some babies just like the company and hate having to sleep on their own, but at the same time its a good idea to try and teach her how to sleep independantly, so i'd say try the above advice, first try settling her in her own bed and give her a little while and if she doesnt settle then take her into your bed :)