I'm proud of the NHS!

Geegees

Mummy to Madalyn :)
Reaction score
I have seen so so many threads on here complaining about the NHS. I wanted to start one to tell everyone how proud I am to be having a baby in a NHS hospital.

They have been amazing so far, and were equally amazing with my ruptured ectopic.

YEY for NHS!!!

Same here! Due to my miscarriage, my hospital told me that if I have ANY problems before 12 weeks to call the EPU and I'll more than likely get a scan! Rather than being fobbed off with "Oh nothing to worry about". I didn't have any problems. But, it really made me smile how caring they were.

Same here. I think it is wonderful that they have given me drugs to try to reduce my miscarriage risk this time and I don't have to worry about the cost. I can have the extra growth scans I will need without having to worry about paying extra. I didn't receive a bill to make me feel even worse after my two miscarriages in an NHS hospital. Yes they are overcrowded sometimes and extra staff and facilities would improve the NHS. And not all the staff are perfect of course. But I have been very happy with the care I have had so far.

I agree we are very lucky to have such a good NHS and not having to pay for private healthcare.

i agree. i think we are really lucky to have the nhs x

i agree too. i think we are lucky. i only think its sad that the service varies so much around the country.

totally agree:thumbup:

we are very fortunate in this country and should be a bit more bloody greatful!

I still feel very lucky to have the NHS even though my experience so far hasn't been great. Which must mean the NHS is bloody brilliant overall.

I agree. It's not perfect but I think it's something which Britain has really got right.

Great thread!! The NHS is a wonderful service and we are incredibly lucky to have it!! I've had my fair share of hospital stays both baby and not baby related and they have always been brilliant!

Also my DD needed to have a few little checks on her knees (nothing to worry about just being cautious) which was done on the NHS with only a couple of weeks to wait for the 1st appointment and we had a great experience, the consultant was wonderful and made DD comfortable with everything which was happening. A friend's DS who is the same age needed some ortho treatment and his parents had some private healthcare through work so decided to use it and it was a nightmare, the consultant wasn't child friendly at all and they had such a different experience to us!!

And again in antenatal private isn't always better as a work colleague's baby was nearly lost as the private consultant strongly advised against the lady having a section even though she has a tiny pelvis and her 1st baby got stuck, the 2nd baby got stuck and has numerous physical and mental disabilities as a result, heart breaking.

Yay for the NHS!! We're lucky to have you!! :)

I was really worried about not having my baby back home in a nice big US hospital but my NHS care has been absolutely brilliant, everyone's gone above and beyond, it's really cut my stress levels during my pregnancy.

i agree, if it wasnt for them my 2nd son wouldnt be here now, he had shoulder dystocia and the cord was round his neck twice, he stopped breathing and when he was finally born was purple and lifeless, they were so quick drs ran from everywhere and they saved his life, im thankful to their quick work every day, he will be 3 in january and is perfect, if it wasnt for them he wouldnt be here

Great thread, I totally agree!! I get so annoyed when I see people slating it, we are incredibly lucky to have such a fantastic system. I feel similarly annoyed when I see people complaining about maternity leave & SMP - when you compare us British ladies to some of our counterparts in other countries who talk about their mat leave in weeks rather than months or a whole year, it makes me realise how very lucky we are!

Hurrah for the UK!!

Xx

I'm a Brit living in the US and seeing the state of the healthcare system here makes me appreciate what we have in the UK so much more. The hospitals are not that different here but cost the earth and if you are a poor bugger who cant afford health insurance, you are up sh*t creek to put it politely. Deffo hurrah for the NHS! Lets hope its still intact by the time Cameron finishes having his wicked way with it. Grrrr.

Lovely stories ladies! :)

So glad I'm not the only one!

I'm American and have been living in the UK for 15 years and I love the NHS. My care, so far, has been faultless. I am really impressed. Yesterday, I just mentioned in passing that I get a little pain in my back and I've now been referred to a physical therapist. I wasn't asking for that or expecting it at all. I can't fault the NHS.

Definitely agreed. When i lost my baby girl at 20 weeks everyone who worked there were amazing and went way our of there way to help me in any way they could. some of the staff from both the labour ward and the ward i was on afterward came to her funereal. I feel completely safe and happy with the NHS and would never even consider going elsewhere.

This is my first baby so not had a hospital stay yet, but so far my midwife has been lovely, I did have to have an early scan due to bleeding and it came through really quickly and luckily everything was fine. When I have been for my 12 and 20 week scans they have been lovely and on time, things just seem to be going really well, I am really pleased with my care so far :) x

This is a great thread :thumbup:

I'm a nurse and work on an acute adult medical ward and we suffer a lot of abuse from relatives, they are nightmares sometimes!!
But on the other hand we do recieve a lot of praise and as a ward have been nominated for several awards.

So to have so many people appreciate something I am so proud of and have invested a lot of my lfe in is really lovely, gives me that warm feeling xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->