I'm really confused about the results of my pregnancy test.

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by liveyourlife, Jun 4, 2011.

1. liveyourlife

liveyourlife Member

Starting May 17, I had a light, spotty, weird bleeding, which was a whole week earlier than my period. I typically have severe cramps, but I did not this time, at all. Before this bleeding, I had been experiencing strange waves of nausea, pains in my head, amazingly sore boobs, veins on my boobs and rest of my body becoming darker, twinges in my lower abdomen, and a tight feeling in my belly, none of which I had ever felt before. I also did not experience the typical breaking out of my face or boating that normally comes before my period.
    In the past week, my symptoms are worse. I have actually thrown up once, and my nausea is beginning to get strong in the afternoon. It also happens when I'm hungry, driving or riding in the car, or when I smell certain things. My sense of smell has started to feel heightened. The smells at the grocery store gave me a migraine and made me want to throw up. I can smell my pee when I am sitting on the toilet still peeing. My body soap also suddenly smells like dog shampoo. If I eat too much, I also feel nauseous. I could smell the nuts my boyfriend was eating from down the hall with the door of our room shut. Nobody else could.
    My boobs get pains in them when I'm not even touching them, and my nipples are sensitive. I have started to het a stiff feeling in my lower back, and I've got to pee every fifteen minutes. In the mornings, my stomach seems flat, but kind of stiff, and at night, I'm bloated and look like I'm already 4 months in.
    I've never gotten a headache in my life, and have never understood why people cry about them so much, but I've finally learned what a migraine is. It is so awful, it feels like its coming through to the roof of my mouth too. And did I mention the horrendous nausea? I've luckily only thrown up once.
    I'm also starting to cramp just a tiny by for a few minutes on and off each day. Mostly, I'm having twinges on the lower right side, but sometimes left or center. Every night, I have crazy dreams, mostly about being pregnant. I wake up a lot in the night because I have to pee so much. For a week now, I'm also getting much more dizzy, with and without nausea, and at times, I feel short of breath, and my heart pounds for a few minutes. I don't have to be doing anything. Although if I get my period this month, it would be around the 24th or 25th, I'm starting to have the breakout that never came with that abnormal bleeding this month, and usually I only break out about five days before. I'm getting a bit of discharge as well, mostly white.
    Since I was waking up so much to pee, I was advised to test after I had slept the longest I would in the night, which happened to be about 4-5 hours. I took a test at 3am. It seemed to look negative, but I was still so asleep that I couldn't see straight.
    This morning I decided to look at it again, and I'm not sure if I'm crazy or really seeing it, but I think I can make out the most faint possible second pink line. I mean, I have to hold it up to light, but no matter how many times I come back to it, I notice that freaking little line.
    I want to know, should I wait to test again or do it now?
    And do I sound pregnant?

Btw, I'm not exactly a teen, but I am only 20, and I don't want to be pregnant at all.

2. lilashwee

lilashwee mummy to 1 and expecting

do another test u should never check a test after 10 mins :D x

3. Shansam

Shansam Mother of 1

Missed period...symptoms...faint positive.
    You sound pregnant to me.
    I also had a faint positive.

4. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Cael's Mom

Just as a note -- my first few positives didn't show within the 10 minutes. I pretty much left them out all afternoon before finally finding faintly (yes, pink) lines. By 12 DPO, though, the lines were showing up pretty clearly and well within 5 minutes (and now I can pee on a stick and get an instant positive, lol.)

Get a few more cheap tests and try again in a few days :)
    (Or do what I did and test 2-3 times/day until you've peed on as many sticks as you care to.)

5. stephx

stephx Well-Known Member

Test again :)

Your symptoms do sound pregnanty, but some of them (peeing alot, bad back, etc) would not happen untill much further along..

But yeah test again first thing in the morning x

6. liveyourlife

liveyourlife Member

Thanks for the imput, guys. I have class Monday, so I think I'm going to sneak by Dollar General to get two or three more tests, as I'd be likely to run into somebody I know at Walmart or Walgreens. I'm tying to keep this secret. I don't even want my boyfriend or parents to know until I know for sure. I dont want to alarm them for no reason.
    Just out of curiosity, since these symptoms actually started a week or two before the bleeding, how far along would that make me if I am pregnant?

7. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

Test again or get a blood test done. :hugs2:

8. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Cael's Mom

When was your last period?
    You count from the beginning of your last period.
    I.e. - my last period started Jan 5. The sex that got us pregnant was Jan 19 but we count from Jan 5 (which is why I'm 21 weeks, not 19.)

If you were pregnant the last time you bled (think it was implantation bleeding?), count from the period before that :)

9. liveyourlife

liveyourlife Member

Oh wow. The last normal period I had was like April 20th or so.

10. liveyourlife

liveyourlife Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was a few days before that even. Maybe like the 16th. I didn't keep the best track since I didn't plan on maybe getting pregnant.

11. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 4 on Earth, Many in Heaven

Your symptoms do sound a lot like pregnancy symptoms. Definitely take another test. Good luck, hun. :flower:

12. liveyourlife

liveyourlife Member

Thanks guys. I'm SO scared. I've still got two years of college left. I'm not even old enough to drink.
    And my parents and boyfriend think I've had a stomach virus or food poisoning for over a month now because I've kept this so quiet.

13. oOskittlesOo

oOskittlesOo Guest

Hey Hun! Does really sound like pregnancy symptoms. I'm sure it wasn't expected if you do end up being pregnant, but you'll fall so in love with your baby that you'll forget all about it. I'm in highschool. Still have a semester left, and my son will be here before I'm done. I'll be starting college also, but you can still do school.. I'm 17. It's possible :hugs: if you ever need to talk just message me!! I'm Skye! <3
    good luck with testing, I hope you get the results you want!

14. liveyourlife

liveyourlife Member

You guys are all so sweet. Thanks hun!<3

15. oOskittlesOo

oOskittlesOo Guest

:hugs2: let us know what happens with the next test you take!!! :)

16. Chrissy7411

Chrissy7411 Guest

I agree with the other girls, take another pregnancy test, then go from there :flow: Like Skye said, it's not impossible! If you are pregnant, yes it'll be scary but you'll love your LO so much and everything will be worth it! :hugs: Good luck!

17. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

Sorry OT but OMG Chrissy. You're due now in less than a month. :shock:
    He is just going to be so so so beautiful! I hope you get your 4th of July baby! :D :hugs2:

18. Chrissy7411

Chrissy7411 Guest

I know!!!! I'm getting soooo sooo sooo excited :happydance: awh thank you so much, I hope so too! :hugs:

19. liveyourlife

liveyourlife Member

I'm planning I'm getting another test tomorrow. I'm nervous. X3

20. oOskittlesOo

oOskittlesOo Guest

Let us know how it goes.