I'm really confused. Am I?!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Kimmer, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Kimmer

Kimmer Mummy to a beautiful baby

On sunday I did a clear blue test. that was positive, faint but defiantly there.

Today I did a first response and nothing?!

I read online that clear blue is 25miu and first response is 100miu?!

I'm confused! I hate symptom spotting, but yesterday my nipples and under my nipples started really hurting. the Montgomery glands on my nipples are now very large, couldn't even see them before!

Am I pregnant? Just not pregnant enough for first response?!

I'm confused and upset :(

2. jules22

jules22 Preggers :)

Well, the 25miu does spot that hormone really early compared to the 100miu but technically like each day that passes that hormone it is trying to detect is doubling every day. So you would think it would show up already for the First Response... What time are you testing? Are you using first morning urine? There might be possible that you had a chemical pregnancy, they don't happen very often but they can happen. :( When is AF due??

3. Kimmer

I didn't sleep last night I just held pee in for a few hours.
    I thought about a chemical, but I've had no bleeding or even spotting.

I don't know when AF is due, I came off the pill on march 1st, had a bleed on 5th.

I know it can take a while to get back to normal. So I have no idea when to expect it.

I'm just very confused!

4. sunnybabe

sunnybabe Mummy to two naughty cats

I'm still unsure which are the good tests and which are the not so good tests but why don't you try a different brand and test again!! Good luck and fx

5. Kimmer

I don't think the first responce ones are too good. Been reading reviews and everyone seems a bit off with them.

I'll get another brand and try again in a week or so :)

6. jules22

jules22 Preggers :)

I did a first response check test this morning. I have no signs of AF... yet still negative. Maybe those first response tests suck... or my cycle is totally screwed up haha

7. Kimmer

Haha well I don't wanna think I'm not pregnant, so let's just say first responce things do suck!

I've heard the superdrug own brand are good, and 5 quid. So might try them!

Good luck :)

8. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

I find the clearblue non digital are great...

9. Kimmer

The first test I did was a clear clue non digi and loved it. Maybe I only liked it cause it told me what I wanted to hear!

Might get another one next week. This is driving me nuts!

10. MrS. MaBrEy

MrS. MaBrEy Mom of 2 & fostering

last time i used the clearblue non digi test i got BFN and then as the test dried it because a :bfp:...it was a false positive and i was devistated..the positive line was the same color and everything so i use the FRER tests...but the dollarstore cheapies seem to work just as well...why pay ten bucks to look at the :bfn: when you can pay 1? lol.

11. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

But I really want to use the clear blue digi (maybe once I've had a positive on a cheapie) - really want to see the word "pregnant", seems a lot better than a pink line (in my head only I'm sure)

12. Kimmer

I reaally want a digi to say that too! but I'm wayy too scared to get one because I hate seeing BFN's =(

13. JayDee

I know what you mean - I had my first BFN last week (am hoping it was just too early to test given the witch hasn't shown up yet) and can't believe how much it gutted me.

Got over it with a night on the tiles - now hoping I haven't made bubs an alcoholic before I even knew they were there!

14. Kimmer

Haha I've heard stories about people getting extremely drunk to get over a BFN, only to find out they were pregnant after all!

I hate BFN's! I'm not gonna test again until next Wednesday, I've spent way too much money on tests recently.

I'm gonna put my BFN's down to me being 'one of those people' that doesn't get a BFP but is pregnant! Ha fat chance =p

15. MonkeyFeet

MonkeyFeet Pregnant after ICSI

Get another type of test and have another go in a couple of days? False potitives are pretty unusual if you checked the test within the recommended time.

16. Kimmer

It came up pretty quickly! I was still sitting on the toilet! I said to my husband 'i can see a line'

Got the typical man response of 'no you can't', we've been looking at the test since then, there's still a line there now! it's as thick as the control line, just fainter than that line.

It's driving me nuts!

17. JayDee

Ha ha - I hope that's me then!

18. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

I am always buying pound shop tests just for the sake of it lol, i don't feel bad when it's a neg!
    But when i have been actually late on my af i have got a clear blue non digital, after a couple of weeks i got the digital one but it was still showing neg until i was 7 weeks. It could have been low levels of hcg though as i did miscarry at 9+2??

19. JayDee

Oh - I'm glad I've got the cheapies as well then, thanks for the info AimeeJ x

20. Kimmer

I hope that's not what's gonna happen to me!

My body has always been weird. I hope I'm gonna find out I'm like 6 months gone in a few months. then I won't have long to go!

Haha but I doubt that'll happen!