Im really worried. Advice please...

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by ShadowSeer, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ShadowSeer

ShadowSeer Mummy to Savannah.

Ok, so my LO has been really healthy so far, no problems, except for the prematurity.

This evening, she has been coughing lots, and when she cries, it sounds like she has lost her voice. Its breaking my heart to hear her cry like this. :cry:
    In every other way she is her usual self. I dont know if its just a sore throat or what ever...do I go to hospital, wait til tomorrow to call GP or what?

Please, anyone with experience/advice, let me know...Im really scared its somthing serious...:cry::nope:

2. tina3747

tina3747 Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!

I'd just get her checked out at the Docs tomorrow, they're usually really good as soon as you tell them their age if you don't mind hanging around.
    There's nothing they can do for a cold but If the cough gets chesty that's usually sign of infection. My LO is on antibiotics for all the congestion in his throat , bless him. It's awful hearing him cough and struggling to breath.

3. xcharx

xcharx Well-Known Member

I'd ring nhs direct babe :hugs: x

4. Mrshoffie

Mrshoffie Well-Known Member

Try NHS direct x

5. linda0409

linda0409 Active Member

Sorry no advice really, Is her breathing raspy or does she sound chesty, I brought my little lad to the hospitable on sat as he was very chesty and ended up having to give him steroids and put him on an inhailer. He also has a bad cough at the moment. I say if your really worried and the hospitable is near then bring her in but if she is sleeping for you then let her sleep and bring her to the doc first thing in the morning. Its horrible to when their not well.

6. ShadowSeer

ShadowSeer Mummy to Savannah.

She doesn't sound chesty at all, more throaty.
    I will be calling shortly and then see what they suggest.
    She is asleep at the moment. And the hospital is 12 miles away, and I don't drive. I'll walk there if needed though...or get a taxi.

7. babypowder

babypowder Well-Known Member

I concur, ring NHS direct :) Plenty of fluids for her and she'll be right as rain in no time. Poor little sausage x

8. Sazaroo

Sazaroo Well-Known Member

My LO just got over a horrible cold. I had her checked at the doctors as her cry/voice was so different and eventually no noise would come out, was so sad :-( he said her throat was inflammed and sore, hence her voice loss. So it may be your LOs throat.
    It's always best to air on the side of caution tho and get advice from the professionals xx

9. ronnie1234

ronnie1234 One child aged five

Keeping an eye on this thread, as my LO is chesty / sniffly / snuffly / coughing & spluttering at the moment.