I'm scared :( - NOT ANY MORE - HE'S HERE!!!!! :D

louloubabs

Certified Doula
Reaction score
Scared that I'm going to lose the chance to have my home birth :(

I went to my midwife appt today in the hope that she would be able to perform a sweep but again she couldn't as my cervix is STILL in the posterior position and she couldn't get to it to be able to do a sweep :(

She did say that the baby had moved down further than last time but when I looked at my notes she had written 4/5 which is the same as the last 3 weeks.....:nope:

I've been bouncing on my birthing ball every day and I just don't know what more to do :cry:

Sorry girls, needed to get it out of my system:blush:

XxX:kiss:

:hug: Keep the faith my darling. Things can change very dramatically in a very short space of time. Your cervix could be fully dilated in 24hrs with a baby to follow.

Let go. Your baby and body know EXACTLY the right moment to start the birth journey together. Don't do anything. Relax and surrender. xx

Thanks MM. You always know the right things to say to make me feel better :)

Hey 4/5 engaged is brilliant! I didn't have an examination over 3/5 untill I was in labour!
Like MMum said.. relax, I think he/she is coming.
Distract yourself; do you have any cleaning or baking you would like to do (not that i'm a 1950's housewife all of a sudden..) but it helped me relax. Waiting can be a right pain in the bump!
xxx

I bake cupcakes anyway so have been doing loooooads of that and palming them off on people but the last few days I have had the most excruciating back pain and can hardly walk so haven't been able to stand in the kitchen doing it. The pain seems to be easing a bit today so I may be back to baking tomorrow :D

Yummy :)

Backache is also a really good sign babs is making their way - really don't think you have much to worry about..
How far along are you?
Remember your EDD is just that estimated!
XxX

Your mws will love you if they are greeted with cupcakes! Mine got a brew and a cheese and tomato sarnie!!

10 days overdue by the hospitals EDD but based on when I ovulated I'm 5 days over. But the hospital want to go by their date. Well they can get stuffed and monitor me instead. I'm just a bit worried as my blood pressure was a bit higher today and I have to go back on Thursday to see the GP to have it checked again :( Just hope it doesn't go up any more. I haven't had headaches or blurred vision or anything so fingers crossed it was just a funny reading (she had just tried to do a sweep on me, LOL).

10 days overdue by the hospitals EDD but based on when I ovulated I'm 5 days over. But the hospital want to go by their date. Well they can get stuffed and monitor me instead. I'm just a bit worried as my blood pressure was a bit higher today and I have to go back on Thursday to see the GP to have it checked again :( Just hope it doesn't go up any more. I haven't had headaches or blurred vision or anything so fingers crossed it was just a funny reading (she had just tried to do a sweep on me, LOL).

Your BP could have just been up because you're so worked up about NOT wanting to go over. I think you should change you ticker to the day YOU think LO should be coming. And even then move it up a week. That way when you look at it you'll be right on track! Not only are EDD just an estimate but babies also don't come exactly on the 40th week. So even if you knew to the day when you conceived all baby's grow differently inside the tummy as they do outside of it.

Completely let go, don't worry about getting sweeps and just let LO come when they're ready. They may pressure you but it's not even a problem, simply state you'll be monitored instead. And no matter what they say you will get your home birth! Even if they try to claim they won't do it after so many weeks. If you're fine, and bubs is fine then home it is.

You could try talking to midwife about that now if you want. Let her know you won't be going into hospital just because you're over their "time limits" and then if she has a problem with it, it's time to write a letter!

The hospital called this morning and asked if I wanted to go in for induction but I told them I'm happy to leave it for now and they were fine with that. The midwife I spoke to said she'd call the Day Assesment Unit and ask them when I needed to come in for monitoring then call me back. When she called me back she said that they were happy to leave it for now and will call me when I'm 14 days over their EDD to sort out a date for me to go in for monitoring etc :)

Sooooo, as long as my BP stays where it should be all should go to plan :D

And I'm gonna change my ticker now to MY due date rather than theirs :D

EDIT: It won't let me chose a date that is in the past as my due date so I can't change it..... Oooooh well. Lol.

Excellent news! Now get that ticker changed - you've got aaaaages yet :winkwink:
x

It won't let me change my ticker to a due date that's in the past. Which I guess makes sense..... Oh well. Lol.

ah! add a little line of type to your siggie - we can see how many days you actually get to change it! My guess is not very many! x

So at 1am this morning my contractions started and at 5am Rafe Presley Thompson arrived!! All 9lbs 13oz of him :O

No pain relief at all, just my birth pool.

I'll do my birth story in the next few days but thought I'd update you all :D

So happy. He's latched on fine and feeding well.

Lou!! What fabulous news!! Can't wait to hear your story. Enjoy your little man and take care of yourself!

Congrats hun! way to stick it out! that was a nice short labor...:) good job!

congrats! So glad you got your homebirth and wow, what a quick one you had. Obviously when he decided he wanted to come, he wanted to come NOW! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->