Im scared that I will have a miscarriage?

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by trinaestella, Jun 2, 2011.

1. trinaestella

trinaestella Aliyah's mummy! <3

I have just come to terms with the fact that I am pregnant, I'm excited now but I keep hearing about miscarriages and I am so worried that I will have a miscarriage especially cos I am only 4 weeks, so I am so early and I can have more of a chance.

I am eating healthy, I am doing everything that is healthy, I am resting at the moment but I can't seem to nap although I am tired :/ so now I am getting worried that if I don't nap will I misscarry? I am not even going to say sorry for sounding dumb, but this is so important to me, and I just don't want to lose this baby especially now everyone is excited.

Please help, thanks xxx

2. xSarahM

xSarahM Two Beautiful Angels

Try not to worry :hugs:
    Within your first trimester you will be constantly knackered! God knows i was. But i cant sleep in the day :shrug: so i didnt really nap.. Lack of sleep during the day shouldnt matter, as slong as you're getting a healthy amount during the night. If you're tried just go lie down/curl up on the sofa. Resting in anyway should be a help :)
    I found it quite hard when i first came on here, as i'd never realised how many girls went through miscarriages and losses. Just try not to scare yourself :flower:

3. trinaestella

Thanks, I'm so scared ill lose my baby you know. I think its hormones and maternal feelings ill take everyday as it comes, thank you so much xxx

4. amygwen

amygwen Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline

Try not to worry hun. You could do everything right and still miscarry, if it happens, unfortunately it just happens.. it's not because of anything you've done. Try to relax and not think about it. It's normal to think about these things, I thought about them up until my LO was born. It's an awful feeling, but try your best not to think about it.

5. rainbows_x

rainbows_x Mummy.

Try not to worry, there's pretty much nothing you can do to prevent it, like Amy said, you can do everything right and still miscarry. I miscarried my first pregnancy and I did everything right. Just try to enjoy your pregnancy, I know it's hard when you're worried but it' the only thing you can do. xx

6. trinaestella

Thanks ladies, its such a shame it can just happen like that even if you are careful, ill try my best not to think of it too much I really want this LO to arrive safely :cry:

Pregnancy can be the best but the most worrying thing EVER! Lol. So glad I got people on here to give me advice though, thank you all :hugs:

7. Lillismommy

Lillismommy Well-Known Member

Welcome to motherhood, you will worry for the rest of your life now. :winkwink:

When you find out you are pregnant, you worry you will have a chemical pregnancy.

When you confirm the pregnancy, you worry you will have a miscarriage.

When you are past the first trimester, you will worry about having a still birth.

When your baby is born healthy, you will worry about SIDS.

After the first year, you will worry about them progressing and walking and talking.

After they have done all that, you will worry about sending them to school.

When they have school down pat, you will worry about raising them properly so that they don't go crazy during their teen years.

When they get past all of that, you will worry about them going off to college on their own and being safe.

When they graduate from college, you will worry about them getting married and starting their lives with someone else.

When they find that perfect person and have a baby, you will worry about that baby and the cycle starts all over...

Aren't you excited? :haha: :haha: :haha:

8. DollFaceJessi

DollFaceJessi Pregnant with a princess

That "worry list" is so accurate xD

9. wanna-b-mummy

wanna-b-mummy Well-Known Member

SO accurate.

I panicked throughout my first trimester and now wish I'd chilled a bit! I must have peed on sticks every day for about a week, just to check that the baby was still there! :lol: I was so worried that I cried in the waiting room before my scan and was in shock when a little baby popped up on the screen, perfectly fine.
    You're going to fine and you're doing everything you should! Try to enjoy it. I remember my doctor saying to me "Worrying never prevents anything, so just take each day and enjoy it. Being pregnant is an amazing thing". You will find you will feel worries lift when you have your scan.

I'm a born worrier so I get everything you're feeling but it's so normal and natural to worry. As that post says, be prepared to worry from now until the end of time lol :)

xx

10. trinaestella

HAHA !! LOVE this! I never knew me who can be such a selfish person and would always shput at my mum for worrying, would be worrying over this little thing who has only been noticed in my life for 3 days now lmao. Wow, being a mother comes with so much emotion, but its so amazing to know you could create such a small life. :D lmao your post made me see the fun side of it though, thank you xx

11. trinaestella

Now I can finally smile again ahhh, I love it :)
    Lol I start worrying when I get cramps, smh and the doctor says its normal but I still worry LOL!

12. trinaestella

Now I can finally smile again ahhh, I love it :)
    Lol I start worrying when I get cramps, smh and the doctor says its normal but I still worry LOL!

13. 20102001

20102001 Yellow IVF Rainbow Baby

When you confirm the pregnancy, you worry you will have a miscarriage.

When you are past the first trimester, you will worry about having a still birth.

Inbetween these two you worry about incompetant cervix .. or preterm birth :dohh:

It really is a never ending worry, and guess what they'll soon be teenagers, off to uni, driving, having kids of their own and we'll still be worrying :wacko:
    EDIT: Ha I didn't read the entire list :haha: ^^

If you were to mc carry now there is nothing you could do and the cause would probably not repeat itself :flower:

14. kittycat18

kittycat18 Well-Known Member

Try not to worry yourself too much sweetheart. A miscarriage can be caused by various things and not normally your lack of sleep. It is just really one of those things that can not be avoided and if it is supposed to happen then it will. I had a miscarriage last April and I blamed myself for a little while but then I realised I was doing everything right and that it was no-ones fault. I wasn't drinking, or smoking, I was exercising, I was eating healthy, I was taking my pre-natal vitamins, I was eating the foods I was supposed to eat and avoiding the ones I was not supposed to eat and most of all, I was getting proper rest and not stressing myself. I lost my baby at 12 weeks :hugs:

These things happen and you need to calm down, relax and enjoy your pregnancy! xxxoxoxo

15. trinaestella

:dohh: ok ladies! My bad lol! Ill just take everyday as it comes then, fingers crossed everything goes well :)

16. oOskittlesOo

oOskittlesOo Guest

Oh hunny!! :hugs: I remember those first few weeks after finding out the only
    thing on my mind was what could go wrong :dohh: definitely regret worrying so much now!! Like previous posts have said, the worry won't ever stop now :haha: I can sag honestly I've stopped worrying as much, but everyday I'll worry "what if I went into labor today and they couldn't stop it" etc. It's just one of those things that's hard to avoid.. Soo you'll be at your 20 week mark telling other girls not to sorry about miscarrying and saying how bad you were worried! :hugs: just keep doing everything you need to do to care for yourself an the baby! You'll be fine! :)

17. mayb_baby

mayb_baby Well-Known Member

I suffered a MC in January of last year honestly I thought it was stress I was having a rough time with my teachers and loads of crap. So please try to stop worrying although I worried right up until I held my son, that he wouldn&#8217;t be alive and healthy so I guess it&#8217;s natural. As you said take each day as it comes and try to just enjoy your pregnancy :hugs: xxx