I'm scared ...

LyndsayLou

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wondered how many other people are scared about having the baby?

The thing is I'm not scared one bit about labour, I've got my head round the fact it has to happen and I will go through any amount pain for my LO to arrive safe and healthy!!

The thing I'm scared of is something being wrong with her, cord wrapped round neck, not breathing, etc, etc! I just want her to be ok and there is no reason why she shouldn't be but I can't help being petrified for her safety. Am I mental?? :cry:

x x

You're not mental, its all part of being a mother, and you will probably never stop worrying about them, my first is 18 mths and I still worry over 'what could happen'.

You're perfectly normal, just don't let the worry take over!! cords wrapped around neck etc must be seen very often, and are dealt with b4 the baby is even born, so just enjoy, and look forward to the gas & air, its magic !!! :)

no hun, its completely normal! we wouldnt be human if we didnt worry about it!

Oh thank you so much!! I always feel like it's just me, everyone I know who's pregnant just seems to get on with it and not worry!

x

I'm sure everyone has their insecurities about some aspect of the birth. I'm quite fearful of LO getting into distress and me panicking and just exacerbating the situation. Basically, I don't trust myself to be calm enough and I'm worried I'll project this onto Egglet. Don't think you're nuts for feeling worried because you're certainly not alone. Hope you feel better as time goes by, take care. xx

it's normal...i told myself i would relax after the first trimester...didn't happen...then i said i would relax after I reached viability...didn't happen....now i'm 2 days shy of full term and I still haven't relaxed lol

im terrified of the whole proccess the labour any type of complications it all!! i just have to tey and take each day at a time and keep thinking positive :)

xxx

We all worry about this, my daughter was born with the cord around her neck and i swear, i have never been so scared in my life, i had been on gas and air, so i didnt fully realise what was going on around me,

afraid this is only the start, you never stop worrying about them, it only gets worse when they are here xx

same, i am petrified of any complications happening during the birth. all i want is a happy & healthy baby at the end of it i think its normal to feel this way, i hope eveyrthing goes smoothly for you x

im scaired stupid :) to be honest sh dont tell anyone lol its my first on 14june2010 i know how you feel every day i panic

Hey lovely, this is my 3rd and I wasn't this worried with my other 2. I feel exactly the same . To the extent I had my birth notes recalled from ds2 and am going to see the birth reflections person at my local hospital to discuss my fears for this birth. Nothing truly terrible happened with my last, but I labour very quickly and hard and felt so out of control and couldn't see what was happening when ds2 came out just terrified they had got the dr and tipped me back and he was a bit floppy. I had so many questions I should have asked at the time, it was good to do and will be good to talk over with a midwife to help me be better prepared to try and cope with another natural labour (or not).

If you are feeling that worried, I suggest you speak with your midwife about your worries and let her reassure you the best way she can.

x x

One of the reasons this website has been such a help to me is cos Ive realised im not alone in my worries. When i told my mum she said oh dont be so stupid!:growlmad: i shouldnt watch programmes like the amanda holden one where theyre discussing wat goes wrong it sends me mental.. I like to hear the good stats tho, please tell me still births are rare?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->