I'm sick of leaving her :(

Vic

Reaction score
I'm so sick of leaving eva to go to work. i only do 2 1/2 days but i just want to stay with her all the time. she has been poorly since thurs with temperatures and stuff so i stayed off today but now i have to work tomorrow, wed and thurs to make up for it.

I said give mama a kiss to her the other day and she went to kiss my mam :( I miss her and I wish i could stay home with her again. I've only been back at work since August.

DH said after we have our next baby I can leave work, but that feels like a lifetime away.

Anyone else in the same boat? xx

Im working in a restaurant and only do the odd day shifts, I usually work the evenings when Ella goes to bed so its not too bad from that point of view, but I never have time with OH never have the evenings to relax anymore! I want to get a day time job for that reason, but at the same time I love spending my days with Ella, so I dont know what to do at the moment, its horrible isnt it!

:( dont, im starting to dread going back :(

i go back in may but its coming rund so fast, nursery is all sorted etc. im going to miss them so much.
my life is being a mum and thats all i want i dont want to leave them. but i have too. i just hope they dont miss me. i can cope but ild hate to think they were upset :cry:

do you both have to work? financially I mean?

I think we'd be ok if I left but we would be skint and just have enough to get by, rather than having enough for the odd takeaway etc. I only do 17.5 hours but it does help take the stress off financially. I would rather be skint and be with eva though :( i really would.

I hate leaving jamie, somedays i burst into tears coz ive missed him so much ! i work 12.5 hour shifts 3 days a week, (7.30am-8pm) so if my days are all in a row i dont see him for 3 days !

It's so awful isn't it :( on a monday and a wednesday I get in at 6.15pm ish and she goes to bed at 7pm. It sucks!

same here, i go to work at 7 and hes usually still asleep, then get home at 8.30pm and hes gone to bed ! my training ends in august so hopefully i can get something part time when i finish!

what are you training are you doing if you don't mind me asking? x

Its my nurse training Vic, its a full time course so 37.5 hours a week. The ward im on at the minute only do long days but im only there for another 3 weeks so not too bad! i go on then to the day surgery unit , start there in march for 6 months then im finished ! so i keep telling myself i havent got long and should stick with it ! but have been tempted many times to gove it all up and get a part time job !
Just feel like ive been training for ever ! its a 3 year course but i took a year out when i had jamie then went back to it when he was nearly a year old.

Sorry waffled on as usual !! :lol:

What is it you do Vic?

I'm in customer services. It's ok but when I've had my second and they are in nursery/school I'm going to do some courses and look into other jobs I think.

Stick it out and you'll get there soon! are you planning any more kids? oh i think i've just seen you post winter time for trying? xx

I work Tuesday to Friday full time-we leave at 7am and are home just after 6. (me and dale work in the same place)

I need to work financially, so does OH, I like being at home with her, but I also want a career and enjoy adult company. I find it extremely stressful and can often snap at Rebecca due to tiredness etc, but I have to do it.

After this buba I am reducing to 2.5 days per week. :D

Yea, would love to ttc now (and am tempted sometimes !!!) might start to "try but not really try" if you see what i mean after the wedding but will probley offical start to ttc when i finish my training! :D

Good luck with your ttc too ! :D

I hated leaving Kai an only went back doin 3 days a week but when we bought a house i had to go back full time an it was the worst thing ever :( now i do 4 days and cos Kais at school he's never here and on my day of i get bored :lol: but i know how hard it is when they r little and at home!
Next baby i will thinkabout reducing my hours if not quitin work all together if we get there :roll:
xx

Oh I think I am not a fab mummy as I love going to work. I work 18 and a half (though usually it is slightly more :roll: ) and I love my career. thats why we are leaving it for a bit to TTC so I can get a few more yuears experience behind me.

I do miss Seren when I am at work but I love seeing her face light up and her wobbling towards me when she sees me when I pick her up from nursery. It makes the day worthwhile for me :D

im a SAHM and sometimes it drives me mad! geting out swimming.gym or walking the dogs is a god send me to, just to have that half hour break to myself.

xx

yeh i know both have pros and cons, your right layla. it's just that all my friends are SAHMs and they love it, so I wish I could be off all the time too. Plus my flat is a tip from mon-wed then I feel like I need to try and get all my housework done when I want to take eva out places.

beanie, what hours do you normally do? just wondering if it was tiring with serens bedtime and making the tea etc x

If your not fussed about what your actual job is, is it worth changing for something where you worked evenings instead? I started off by doing 3 days a week and hated it, Ihated leaving Noah even though his nan was doing a great job of looking after him. So I chanaged to an evening job at a local pub a couple of nights a week. So much better and Ididnt feel like it took time avay from me and OH either cause we still had several evenings together, plus both days together at weekends so we could do things as a family.

thats what im going to do as soon as Jase gets a job with no shifts, a part time evening job would suit good

xx

I currently work 9-4.30 Monday (pick up Seren from nursery), 9.30-5.30 Tuesday (OH gets Seren), and 9-2 Weds (Seren at nanny's).

Seren goes to bed about 8.30, and on full days at nursery they feed her so we just need to get her a snack in the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"