I'm so afraid to try again!...

Discussion in 'TTC After A Loss' started by vermeulk, Jun 4, 2011.

1. vermeulk

vermeulk Member

Hello all,

In march I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy which ruptured my right tube. I had to get it removed. It was a horrible ordeal, and I am still not over it.

However, I would like to try again, but I am so scared because I am afraid to get my hopes up, and it happening again, or not being able to conceive.

How can I stay positive while trying again.

I'm very very afraid.

Thank you

2. meldmac

meldmac Mom to an angel and Colin

I'm so sorry for your loss. After losing Devin I was so torn between really wanting to try again and being scared of losing another baby. In the end we started trying about 3 months or so after losing him and got pregnant about 5 months afterwards. I'm not going to lie it was the most difficult time for me, but I got through it and have Colin now. It's scary you're always worried it's going to happen again, but I wouldn't change my decision for anything in the world. Hon you have to do what you feel comfortable doing. No one else can tell you when you'll be ready but when you are you will find the strength to get through it. Lots of :hugs:

3. vermeulk

vermeulk Member

Thank you every so much for those words of wisdom. I appreciate it, and we are not really tryling, but if it happens it happens...

It's still scary... but I am hoping that one day it'll happen again! :)

Thank you again!! xox

4. mommydreamer

mommydreamer Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, sweetie. I had my miscarriage June 2nd. I have this constant ache of wanting to be a mother, but I'm just absolutely scared to death. I don't want to put another little baby, my family, and me through this again. We are all so devestated. I think we'll know when we're ready. Right now, its just still so fresh.

5. PugLuvAh

PugLuvAh Pregnant with #3

Although I started trying right after my miscarriage, I know that I will be a bit worried when I am pregnant the next time too. Its kind of confusing wanting something so bad, but being scared when you finally get it, isn't it? :shrug:

Hope we all get a sticky one next time!! :dust:

6. AEM1803

AEM1803 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way- I had an ectopic in Feb.. I am so scared to be pregnant again because im scared something is going to happen.. but i am just trying to stay positive in the entire situation.. i just keep telling myself.. if i dont try.. i will never get to hold my precious baby in my arms.. thats the only way i get through it.

:hugs: