I'm so confused-UPDATE

LindsayMarie

Reaction score
So I posted a couple days ago about my OPKs. According to my ovulation tracker I was "supposed" to ovulate on 11/3. Well today as you all know is 11/9 and it seems like I have been getting all positive OPKS. I really so not know what is going on! HELP! I also test the same time every day FYI

https://i39.tinypic.com/9az9lh.jpg

https://i41.tinypic.com/2a5cb2o.jpg
This is today's OPK. I am currently on CD 24. I usually only have 30 cycle days. I'm supposed to start my period in 7 days. Is it possible that I'm ovulating this late? It doesn't make any sense that all my OPKs are so positive. Thanks for the opinions in advance.

So I posted a couple days ago about my OPKs. According to my ovulation tracker I was "supposed" to ovulate on 11/3. Well today as you all know is 11/9 and it seems like I have been getting all positive OPKS. I really so not know what is going on! HELP! I also test the same time every day FYI

https://i39.tinypic.com/9az9lh.jpg

Hiya,

They do all look positive! :wacko:

Are you sure you're not pregnant? Have you taken a HPT?

Xx

Thanks for the comment!

I have not taken a HPT. I don't want to get myself all excited and then be disappointed once again. I have done OPKs before and I would always get my surge and then the control line would get really light but it's not happening this cycle for some reason. Today is CD23 I'm "supposed" to start my period in 8 days.

Thanks for the comment!

I have not taken a HPT. I don't want to get myself all excited and then be disappointed once again. I have done OPKs before and I would always get my surge and then the control line would get really light but it's not happening this cycle for some reason. Today is CD23 I'm "supposed" to start my period in 8 days.

What date was your last period and what date did you get your first positive opk?

Also what's an ovulation tracker is that charting?

X

Last period was 10/18 and I'm not sure what day I got the first positive I stated OPKs on 10/30. And the ovulation tracker is an app on my phone and tracks my period and it tells me when it thinks I'm going to ovulate.

Last period was 10/18 and I'm not sure what day I got the first positive I stated OPKs on 10/30. And the ovulation tracker is an app on my phone and tracks my period and it tells me when it thinks I'm going to ovulate.

Hiya, as it's a tracker and only guessing I'd say it's not that accurate, was your last period normal for you or was it different?

I am not sure why you have so many positive OPK's? I'd take a pregnancy test if it was me, as it doesn't look like the surge started and then dropped off and built up again as if you tried to ovulate but didn't:shrug:

But if your LMP was the 18th and you got a positive opk 12 days later, could you possibly ovulated really early after LMP? :wacko:

X

My last period was normal. The two periods before that stated on the 17th. Do you think that if I took a pregnant test it would show up this early?

My last period was normal. The two periods before that stated on the 17th. Do you think that if I took a pregnant test it would show up this early?

Hey I really don't want to get your hopes up for nothing but I can't understand why you would have so many positive OPK's but the only thing that confuses me is if your LMP Was on the 18th and you got a positive opk 12 days later, to get that positive opk you would have to have HCG in your system which means you would have had to ovulated a few days after AF!

But I have heard of women still having a period when pregnant. They say OPK's are less sensitive than hpts, but I got a positive opk at 7dpo with my DD1, when cheapie hpts had a very very faint line. So basically if you were pregnant I think it would show up on a pregnancy test due to the fact you've had so many dark OPK's. Do you have any tests?

Xx

Forgot to add to the part about where if OPK's were picking up pregnancy you'd have to have HCG in your system,HCG is present after implantation which would occur at earliest around 6dpo after fertilization, then it would take a day or 2 after implantation for that HCG to be present in your Urine

X

Also just had another thought, that LH Can be increased due to PCOS giving false positives as the LH levels are raised when you have PCOS.

BUT

You said you usually use OPK's and you surge and then they fade, so if you for example on another cycle tested on the same day as you did with the batch above, would you get a line that progressively got darker, peaked and then faded out again, and you've never had a set of full positives like above either? So this is out of the norm for you? How many cycles have you used OPK's for?

Xx

I don't have any tests :( I'm pretty sure my husband would not be happy if I bought some before my period was page.

I don't have any tests :( I'm pretty sure my husband would not be happy if I bought some before my period was page.

I just posted you another message before this as well incase you miss it.

If you don't want to get your hopes up and be disappointed then maybe just keep testing with the OPK's to see if there's any change and then test with a HPT when AF is due. :flower:

X

I had a period then found out I was pregnant. Thats how I had my miscarriage so it is possible.

When I have used OPKs they have always faded. I have used them a bunch of cycles but I would say I haven't used them for the past 4 cycles. I have also used digital OPKs in the past and after I got a smiley face is couple days later I got a negative.

I had a period then found out I was pregnant. Thats how I had my miscarriage so it is possible.

Sorry to hear about your loss:hugs:

Do you mind me asking, what made you suspect you were pregnant after AF to test and did you take a HPT or have bloods done?

Good luck on your journey for your rainbow baby xxx

When I have used OPKs they have always faded. I have used them a bunch of cycles but I would say I haven't used them for the past 4 cycles. I have also used digital OPKs in the past and after I got a smiley face is couple days later I got a negative.

Okay so what's happening with your OPK's at the moment isn't normal for you then so I'd guess its unlikely to be PCOS, I'd keep taking the OPK's to look for any changes and then take a HPT if AF doesn't turn up, keeping my fingers crossed for you keep me updated xxx

Was using cbfm and it told me it had was peak on day 9. I was like what and took a pregnancy test and was in total shock when it was positive..

Was using cbfm and it told me it had was peak on day 9. I was like what and took a pregnancy test and was in total shock when it was positive..

Ahh I understand why now, wishing you all the best of luck on your journey for your rainbow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"