I'm so scared

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
Of the labour

i am absolutly petrified. I know it sounds stupid and he has to come out but now its getting nearer and nearer the reality is starting to kick in. And thinking about it the other night actually reduced me to tears :cry:. I'm not scared of the pain as much i'm just scared of something going wrong. and i know its dramatic but me or Aidan dying. I mean people seem to take a great pleasure in telling me horror stories. One lady on a bus just randomly started talking to me and telling me how she was an inch from death, lost pints of blood and it could have gone either way with her living or dying:hissy::hissy:. I mean why do people tell pregnant women this it just makes my anxietys worse :cry::cry:.

Sorry for the ramble i just needed to get it out :hug:
xx

Ugh everyone has a horror story. I'm worried too because there's one doctor on staff that if he's the one called in when I go into labour I'm going to tell them either get me a new doctor or i'll born her myself. I don't want him within 50 ft of me. I'm scared I'm going to need like an emergency section and I'm going to be stuck with him.

:hugs: fatalities are really rare. You have to just have faith in the doctors. They will do everything they can for you and your boy. I am sure everything will be fine.

I totally understand your worries though, it's normal.

Wishing you all the best hun

xxx

:hugs: I know I have no room to talk but try to stay calm. Things will be fine and you'll have your little boy in your arms before you know it! :hugs:

oh sweetie, i too was terrified of the labour, the first thing i said when i got my :bfp: was, OMG, it's gotta get out!!! if i'm honest, it wasn't as bad as i thought darling, really honestly, it was amazing meeting my LO for the first time. you're going to do amazingly sweetie, thinking about you :hugs:

Ugh everyone has a horror story. I'm worried too because there's one doctor on staff that if he's the one called in when I go into labour I'm going to tell them either get me a new doctor or i'll born her myself. I don't want him within 50 ft of me. I'm scared I'm going to need like an emergency section and I'm going to be stuck with him.

aww hunni :hugs:. Why don't you want him hun?? if you dont mind me asking
xx

:hugs: I know I have no room to talk but try to stay calm. Things will be fine and you'll have your little boy in your arms before you know it! :hugs:

aww hun i value your comments, i hope you get your bfp soon and then you can be scared with me he he
:hugs:
xx

Oh Heather!!:hugs:

You're gonna be fine!! You have the magic TENS machine!!!

I'm actually really sad that my labour is over and it was only 11 days ago!!! It's totally normal to have these fears. I remember with my first about 2 weeks before she was due worrying that I was going to die. And you know I wont lie to you, when I was in labour I thought I was gonna at one point!! But you dont die and you do get thru it and for many women, its a wonderful, empowering experience that you'd repeat in a breath.

xxxx

I'm actually really sad that my labour is over and it was only 11 days ago!!! It's totally normal to have these fears. I remember with my first about 2 weeks before she was due worrying that I was going to die. And you know I wont lie to you, when I was in labour I thought I was gonna at one point!! But you dont die and you do get thru it and for many women, its a wonderful, empowering experience that you'd repeat in a breath.

xxxx

:hugs: what a wonderful way to word it lisa :hugs: i too am actually sad my labour was over, it was an amazing experience bring my beautiful daughter into the world :cloud9:

:hugs: what a wonderful way to word it lisa :hugs: i too am actually sad my labour was over, it was an amazing experience bring my beautiful daughter into the world :cloud9:

Its true isnt it!!!! I'm gutted its over!!! I dont miss being pregnant but I'd be a bit sad if I thought I wouldnt have that experience again.

I am getting the same thoughts as you. I am getting nervous and even premature labour is scarying me more for the babies healthy. I dont have a reason to go into it but am looking at these sites with signs of labour on them and scaring myself! the actual labour scares me only for the babies health also, I dont care if i am in pain I can take it and plenty of women have taken it i am just scared in case the baby dies :( I think these are normal things to worry about though but I dont know how to calm them down as I have never done this before. I know everyone says when you see your baby it will be ok and i know it will i just dont know how that feels yet.

Try to be optimistic though, just when it happens it happens. I know thats easier said than done. But I share your worry.

i totally agree with mervs mum...i would do it again in a second

i'm shitting myself, its the fear of the unknown!! but in a way i'm like, well its gota be a "good" pain. if tht makes sense. like, when i got my tattoo, it hurt, but it was a good pain cos i was gettin somethin i really wanted out of it. if that makes any sense?? i'm sure you'll be fine thohun xx

yep...as everyone has said...id do it all again, no doubt....though i said different while i was in labour! I remember saying to the mw theres no way im going through this again...and she said if i had a pound for every time i heard that......
And here i am TTC#2!!

Yes labour isnt easy, and its horrible at the time, the pain is like u have never felt before....but soon as that baby is placed on ur chest, its all forgot....and i swear u will be saying exactly the same come december xxx :hugs:

im scared too, as everybody says once you have the baby you forget it all, just keep thinking of your prize at the end of it all xx

I just try to ignore it, there are so many things that can go wrong, but most of the time nothing happens. But when people have a horror story to tell I noticed they are more then willing to share it with the world. Not many people are as excited telling their uneventful stories

awww hun I had exactly the same as you the other day sooo scared but there are some really wise words on this thread!!! x x x x x :hug:

xxxx

aww hun thankyou. That has made me look at things in a totally different light now :D. Your comment has actually really soothed my worries. And yerp ive got the magic TENS machine he he. Im relying on that to get me through the labour without an epidural cos i so dont want one of those.

Thankyou hunni, what would i do without my BnB girls :hug:
xx

yeh i thought people were nuts when they said you will forget the pain but you totally do...dont worry you will be just fine i had a few of those days i think its just hormones acting up

Oh hun :hugs:
I'm scared too - but you're going to have midwives & docs to help you through it - both you & little Aiden will be fine. It's normal to think like that, but when you look at it - so, so many happy healthy babies are born every day........and Aiden is going to be a happy, healthy little chap

:hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->