• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I'm so worried, again!

TennisGal

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well, after DD having that awful choking episode on Monday morning, and the trip to A&E...we've watched her like a hawk.

I was concerned that her weight had stayed the same for two weeks, and we'd also noticed her having reflux and slightly runny poo.

I took her to our GP, who said she may have a little bug (she has a red throat) which is messing up her digestion a little. She's now taking infant paracetemol and gaviscon, until it passes.

She's seemed a lot brighter (although, we've had to allow her to sleep on us since Saturday, she's cried in her cot...so guess she wasn't feeling 100% then) but I just weighed her (I know I shouldn't have) and she lost 0.1 of a pound.

Her weigh day is Sunday, and if she stays the same, it will mean she's only gained 1/2 lb (ish) in three weeks. Should I worry? HV didn't seem bothered, just told me to stop weighing her every week!! Will it be because she's felt a bit rubbishy?

Am just so worried, she has no fever - is eating fine, pees are fine. Just very clingy, poor darling...and refluxy.

Would you be concerned about the weight? Has anyone had anything similar? I feel pretty worried...

I wonder if it's the start of teething, as she had no reflux previously...and she's a bit dribbly, cranky and chews on everything?

Any thoughts?

So long as she doesn't drop off her centile too much she will be fine. She will soon make up for it when shes feeling better.

thank you, she has been such a great little gainer, I've been worrying...she'll just be dipping out of 75th, so just hope she gains some in the next few days!!

I think all babies have days when they don't fancy food that much. Alex still has days when I can barely get him to look at the bottle and then other days he could easily have 9oz at once :)

Try not to worry too much and do not weigh her too often, as that doesn't give you a realistic picture. HTH

thank you, deep down I know I shouldn't be weighing her so often...as my weight fluctuates wildly, why should she be any different...but it's like I am addicted, and just wanting to see a big old gain.

Thank you for the reassurance.

Finn would always makeup the gains after a bad week.. She'll prolly be super starving next week :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"