I'm sooo annoyed!!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Yvonne, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

As some of you know Andy (my OH) has been off work now for 5 weeks with sciatica, the GP thinks he could have a trapped nerve as his pain is constant and ever lets up- his pain is in his back and both legs and he can't walk some days it is that bad.
    He got a phone call from the hospital for an MRI scan and the appointment was 28th March- not too bad for the NHS!
    THEN he got a call from the hospital at 8.30am saying they have cancelled his appointment and they will have to wait for them to write to his GP and then his GP has to refer him AGAIN!!

He rang his GP today to find put what the hell is going on and his GP said that the french company that deals with the MRI scan have has their contract suspended so it could be 3-4 months for him to get another appointment.:grr:

SO he is going through BUPA now- he gets private health care that work pay for so he might as well make the most of it owever he has to pay £200 excess.
    He has an appointment with the back surgeon on thursday, he may end up having open back surgery if it is a trapped nerve and the NHS are pissing him about something cronic!! :gun:

2. vicky

vicky Well-Known Member

Oh no hun i hope it gets sorted soon for you and your OH feels better soon:hugs:

3. Trinity

Trinity Well-Known Member

OMG Yvonne .. thats awful .. NHS are pants sometimes! I hope that you get it sorted and that he feels better soon .
    xx

4. Iwantone!!!

Iwantone!!! Well-Known Member

oh no thats terrible hope they sort it soon

5. Imi

Imi .

Thats horrendous!!!

OMG! im sorry hun, i hope it gets sorted, i know you have to pay excess with Bupa but at least they won't keep him waiting and he should (hopefully) be pain free!

xxx

6. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

That awful, really feel for Andy he must be in so much pain. Hope Bupa are better than the bloody NHS !!

7. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

I know all to well how crap the NHS is.

Hope he gets things sorted out and feels better soon.

8. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Aw bless him, he can't sleep, he can't drive he can't play with the kids and he is just so frustrated!

I'm soo annoyed, cancelling it and then saying "you'll have to wait for another one!" like he is a lump of meat that doesn't matter! :nope:

9. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

Ohhhhhhhh poor sod.....I had sciatica in my first pregnancy and it is no fun at all, I really feel for him!!

I had to wait 3 months for an MRI in 2005 so we were going to go thru BUPA, but it was on top of christmas so I decided that was more important at the time than paying for the MRI

10. LynnieH

LynnieH Well-Known Member

back pain is the worst ever. Bloody NHS be better off with BUPA. Good luck to you both.