I'm sooo ill!!

Happy

Mummy to Phoebe
Reaction score
I feel terrible!! I started with a sore throat on Friday which has now turned into a full blown evil cold, I dont think I have had a cold like this for years. :cry: I had to go into work this morning as well as it was my first day back after being signed off for 2 weeks, I called the nhs helpline and they said I couldn't self certify myself because I had been signed off so I had to go in. Luckily they sent me home so I am sat here surrounded by tissues and antibiotics for my bladder infection!

I checked with the nhs helpline and they said we are fine to use the vicks vapour gel stuff whilst pregnant, however I popped over the first tri to read the ppsts and someone said its a big no no, i'm confused over what to do now. I was putting it on my chest last night and now i'm really worried its done something to the baby.:cry:

:hugs:Your fine to use vicks hun, just make sure you dont use to much and it might be an idea to use it on a tissue rather that putting it straight on your skin as your skin is more sensitive dur in pg and you might get a rash.
Get plenty rest and keep warm and i hope you feel better soon xxx

I had it last week! starting with a sore throat, then a runny nose, then epic scale bunging up :( at least it didnt last long though. I used vicks, oppps, didn't give it a second though. Bound to be safer than suffocating in my sleep :)

I know how you feel sweetie. I've had 4 colds in as many weeks. It seems that every time I go somewhere busy I pick up a new one. I'm really tired from it all now. Get yourself some nice hot drinks that you like and take some paracetamol if your throat and head get too painful. Take care xxx

I had this last week. Hope you feel better soon hun, get plenty of rest.

Just come back from the doctors and I have the flu :cry: been signed off for the rest of the week again, I dont think work are too happy but there's not much I can do about it.

I also may have to have another scan, over the past 3 weeks I have had damp pants - this has happened 3 times its not constant just comes and then disappears again. I have had loads of increased CM since becoming pregnant and the doctors thinks I may have a weak bladder due to having 2 UTI in the last 2 weeks. Has anyone else had this? I'm really worried I might be leaking amntotic fluid now.

I have turned into a health disaster in the past few weeks!

I had the sore throat last week hun... I found I had hot water with a slice of lime in, it was lovely and smooth on my throat...
hope your cm not buggin you too much, I'm sure its not amniotic fluid. It's a joy of pregnancy I think and it gets worse the more weeks you are!!!

I am in the same boat! One kidney infection and one bladder infection so far! And now I've had an on and off cough/cold for about 3-4 weeks. I've missed A LOT of school :( but all I want to do is sleep! Here's my "remedy list"

- Puffs tissues .. more expensive than some brands but they have saved my poor little nose!
- Vicks vaporub .. was the only way I could sleep for a bit, I put it on my chest, neck, and under my nose a bit.
- Hot water bottle .. it's just so soothing!
- Halls cough candy things, I bought kiwi apple, short-term relief for coughing/sore throat, taste better than so many other brands.
- LOTS of rest, blankets and pillows, rented movies.
- warm baths
- lots of fluids water, juice, regular tea

Also, the pharmacist said regular tylenol (regular strength acetaminophen tablets) are fine to use when you have a fever..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->