I'm sorry I just don't get it?!

Its so good to hear other parents who were not in a rush to wean.

I also waited till bang on 24 weeks. Whilst all parents have some little OCD about something for their baby's, mine was/is food. For Most of my friends it was the germs on shared toys or not eating food which had been dropped on the floor. I didn't want to aggravate the intestines of my daughter by giving her anything too harsh until she had adapted. So, now she is almost 30 weeks and I have just introduced animal protein. I stuck with purely fruit And vegetables up to now. Much of my family have said and do keep saying how rusks Re the ideal foods for my daughter t get used to finger foods, believing that steamed veggie sticks are horrible!

I am really happy with how Poppy is feeding but I would like here to become a little better at using her fingers. I suppose that because I have followed the TLW route, that is what happens. I do make the purees more lumpy now and she is fine.

I also don't want her to have juice. I've encouraged water from a cup and she manages great.

When I asked my health vistor about eating what we do, she said she can,
Provided I take out the foods before I add seasoning etc. I am very hesitant about this. Both my husband and I love cooking and use lots of different stocks, spices, oil. So I wnder when or how she can have our foods. anyone got any ideas?

We did/do Baby Led Weaning, and from the age of 6 months, we gave Ronan everything that we ate, including things with spices and herbs and oil etc. The only thing that I watched and altered in my cooking was limiting/removing salt and using sodium free stock and so forth.

If I was cooking something like a curry that was a bit hotter than I thought he would be comfortable with, I just added yogurt to it to cut the heat and he's never suffered adversely for having 'well seasoned' food!

I was really excited to start weaning. We started at 24.5 weeks after the doctor gave me the go ahead.
At first it was fun and exciting, but then it just became kind of a pain! :haha: The mess, the making of the food (I did TW and made my own purees), the planning of the meals...it's getting a little bit easier because now she's at a point where she eats almost everything we eat, but milk was so much easier, faster, and cleaner!
Plus, since we started weaning, people (ie my in laws) see that as the green light to feed her random food without asking if it's okay. It's incredibly annoying! :wacko:

I was really excited to start weaning. We started at 24.5 weeks after the doctor gave me the go ahead.
At first it was fun and exciting, but then it just became kind of a pain! :haha: The mess, the making of the food (I did TW and made my own purees), the planning of the meals...it's getting a little bit easier because now she's at a point where she eats almost everything we eat, but milk was so much easier, faster, and cleaner!
Plus, since we started weaning, people (ie my in laws) see that as the green light to feed her random food without asking if it's okay. It's incredibly annoying! :wacko:

This is what I am dreading, OHs family are like this too. :dohh:

we started BLW at 5 months 1 week because i heard it can take a while for them to actually start eating. at 6 months 1 week he actually chewed and swallowed something and has done from that day on. I was happy with the choice i made to wait.

but i had all kinds of people including my babys GP telling me i could go ahead and wean at 4 months and when i told my doctor the guidlines are now 6 months he tried to correct me and tell me id misread that. I brought up the AAP on my husbands phone and showed him. he apologised. so doctors dont always get it right either!

MIL wanted to feed him cookies and icecream when he was about 2 months old and had a fit when i said no way no hell! she fed all her kids solids at 24 hours old...yes im not joking. she gave my husband chilli the day after he got home from the hospital...she even has "proud" photos to prove it. and she did the same with her other son and daughter. all 3 of them have horrendous acid reflux and have to take prescribed medication for it daily.

it makes me sick to my stomach honestly that she thinks it was ok and when told otherwise says "im their mum i know best" clearly you dont!

I never understand why people want to wean early unless for medical reasons either. It's so much easier when they are just drinking milk!!I used to spend hours chopping, steaming, blending, freezing, defrosting then they wouldn't even eat it!! That's why I blw with my youngest from 6 months. So much easier!

Oh my MIL is the same, obviously it's completely sensible to wean at 6 weeks like she did with hubs. She was telling me to put rusk in his last bottle at 6 weeks and couldn't understand why I was so upset when I stopped BF.

I think it's because we are all idiots, we have to do what they say. Obviously. ;)

There must be some kind of old school thinking going on here because my MIL asked me if I was going to add some baby rice to his feed at about 6 weeks too :shrug:

I wish they could exclusively drink milk until they're old enough to use the toilet themselves :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->