I'm split on what to do for TTC

Kiki1993

Reaction score
Hi all :flower: Background:
Me and partner have been discussing TTC lately, we are trying to buy a house before we get married and would make sure we got a mortgage that wouldn't change our monthly bills too much. We have seen an advisor and on our wages she would give us 160 000 mortgage and we would need a 5% deposit plus 1000 for legal fees. We have decided we would get a modest house as it is our first and try not spend more than 95000 instead because she would offer us 110000 if i was working part time (which i want to once we have a baby) so it means we will be able to afford it comfortably. We have 1000 saved for mortgage this month, and should have enough to pay mortgage by January, we then have the wedding next december. Anyway this is what we need opinions on. When I went in for my pill check I mentioned we were thinking about TTC the next december, he said I should come off it 3 months before we plan to try to get use to my cycle. As we want to try straight away i would need to come off it in like October, me and OH were talking.. we were each others firsts, we haven't used Condoms in years and other half doesn't like using them (typical man) .. he said he would rather just have sex without a condom as soon as i come off but im unsure, what if we get pregnant in the october then i'm sick as a dog at the wedding, what if i bloat a lot.. or what if i don't get pregnant and then i end up having my period. What if my body is still adjusting to coming off and i spot on the day etc... i rely on the pill to know EXACTLY when my period is coming etc.
It would make most sense to keep on the pill and stop taking it the day of the wedding, but then the doctor said to wait 3 months.
The thought of the trying date moving forward realllllly excited me.
Sorry i do realise this isn't well structure but what did any of you guys do that planned to try on wedding night and when you were on pill before?
Has anyone had to deal with this before?
My main concerns about coming off pill and not using protection and also using protection 1- being sick at the wedding, 2- people guessing im pregnant by not drinking 3- being too bloated too fit in dress 4- what if i don't get pregnant and i get my period 5-what if the stress of a wedding makes me spot
The good things about having a little secret at our wedding 1- best wedding present he could ever give me
Any ideas? The pill and period thing annoys me, why can't i just stop taking it and try straight away? Would it harm me or baby? Doctor didn't really explain it he just said i'de be best to come off pill 2-3 months before the wedding to try on the wedding night.

You absolutely can come off the pill and try straight away. Ignore your silly doctor. He doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about. Yes, some people do need to come off it early and let their cycles regulate, if say, you want to chart, etc. but these are folks who already have fertility issues and irregular cycles. Anyone with normal fertility and normal cycles will have normal fertility and normal cycles immediately after stopping the pill (it's how so many people end up getting pregnant while on the pill just by missing a few days!). I would stay on it until you're ready to TTC and take advantage of the fertility boost you get in the first month or two after stopping, which would be a shame to miss. I was on the pill for 13 years. I came off it when we were ready and started to TTC right away. I got pregnant the 2nd month. I went back on the pill after I had my daughter (that was 2 years ago) and I'll stay on it again right up until we TTC again. My friend, who was similarly on the pill for 13 years the first time, has gotten pregnant twice the very first month without ever even getting a period. So no, there's absolutely no reason you need to come off it until your ready.

MindUtopia said exactly what I was thinking. There is no need to "wait three months" after coming off the pill, multiple gynos have told me the same thing. You might wait one cycle so you can say when your last period was when you do get pregnant...but it's not essential. I came off the pill only once in four years and my period came back normal right away, but I was regular before. I'm not planning on coming off until the month we TTC.

I agree, come off right after the wedding so you can fully enjoy your day! :)

Yeah, I don't get the wait 3 months thing either. I stopped taking the pill after 6+ years and we started trying right away (got pregnant on our second month). We were trying before we decided to elope, but I did get pregnant on our honeymoon, so DD is our best wedding present! :cloud9:

If you want to stop taking the pill on your wedding day, then I'd say go for it. :flower:

Aw thanks for the replies, that's a relief, the way he was speaking was like I had to wait or it could cause problems. He said it like it was extremely important or something :shrug: that is great to know though :) Hoepfully i conceive in the Feb :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->